How to data link. (connect) to ISX CM2350
05-11-2019, (Subject: How to data link. (connect) to ISX CM2350 ) 
How to data link. (connect) to ISX CM2350
I'm new to Cummins ISX, after spend some money at the dealer I decide to learn how to fix my own truck lucky for me I found this forum what I have been learning a lot from past post and watching Rawze's videos what all is great. I have some question on what to buy for connecting to the ECM.

My truck:
KW T680
ISX15 450ST2
CM2350 build 07/15

Data Link Adapter options to buy:
Cummins Inline 7
NexiQ usb 2
Noregon Jpro DLA+ 2.0

Software :
Insite 8+ or any ver. should be ok?
regarding the software what is recommended: subscription, buy it or china man?.
I already have a Linux box with VM with windows any flavor. (no internet just in case)

I don't know what version of Insite has the ECM in my truck, is that matter?

P.S. most of the previous post referring to CM2250 or older I don't know if that matter but just want to make sure I start in the right direction, any help it's welcome.

Thank you,
OTR48
replyreply
05-11-2019, (Subject: How to data link. (connect) to ISX CM2350 ) 
RE: How to data link. (connect) to ISX CM2350
Do NOT get version 8 or newer. 7.6.2 is all you'll need for your engine. Version 8+ is a pain in the ass, some of us don't have a choice but to use it because the X15 and other new Cummins engines require it.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
05-12-2019, (Subject: How to data link. (connect) to ISX CM2350 ) 
i have a chineesium inline-5 with 7.6.2 insite... works for everyhitng I have ever connected it to including CM2350's built all the way up to end of 2017. the X15, i have not had one hereto try it on yet, but i hear that engine required 8.x .

As far as the other adapters you mentioned...

I have a couple Nexiq's, a couple inline-5's, and the noregon adapter ...

Although their software is somewhat ok,.. - THE NOREGON ADAPTER IS A TOTAL P.O.S!!!! -- TOTALLY!!!1 -- I SPENT $3,800 FOR IT + SOFTWARE AND HAVE ONE HERE -- THE ADAPTER IS A USELESS BOAT ANCHOR THAT IS INCAPABLE OF DOING MUCH OF ANYTHING!!!.

The nexiq,. unless you go to a fleet-pride,.. there are chineese fakes all over the internet and even at some shops that clam to be dealers for them,.. if you end up with a fake,. it will die in a few months,.. Fake Nexiq adapters are complete garbage. - An origional USB-Link is the best model Nexiq they have made so far. The newer ones work well, but act up.

The chineesium inline (5 or 6) adapters however seem to work very well.. That is what i have and many others on the forum have them too. They simply work, but of coarse you could buy an official oneoff the red engine maker if it makes you feel better.

Between Nexiq and inline, if all your going to do is use it on your own truck, the inline is much cheaper and will do anything needed to it. - If you want to work on other trucks, you need the Nexiq (and I would recommend both actually). The Nexiq is a bit more versatile for use on other brands of engines, but for cummins, the inline is king.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: ian2021
I have a nexiq 2 USB adapter. Works well with Cummins, Detroit, cat, and international software. Also works with allison and wabco software. Haven't tried it on a Volvo yet.

It takes a little poking around in each program to get it set right as the main adapter but once I got it I haven't had to go change anything since. Just make sure ita plugged into same USB slot.
replyreply
I order inline 6 kit I will post results.

Thank you for your help.
replyreply
(05-12-2019 )RyanC Wrote:  ... Works well with Cummins, Detroit, cat, and international software. Also works with allison and wabco software. Haven't tried it on a Volvo yet.

It takes a little poking around in each program to get it set right as the main adapter but once I got it I haven't had to go change anything since. Just make sure ita plugged into same USB slot.

your post kind of implies that only the nexiq is versatile like that, so I though I would elaborate a bit.

I have used the inline with most all those softwares as well. For troubleshooting either will work in almost all cases, so for a truck owner, either is usually just as good. Only real limitation I found so far is that an Inline adapter will not flash an ECU file into a CAT engine. It however will certianly connect and get codes, etc. using the CAT and other softwares mentioned as a standard 'rp2010 compatible device' . - But like I said,.. a Nexiq is better suited for multiple engine models, or for non-cummins trucks.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RyanC , iceman , Techmech
I will keep that in mind if for whenever mine decides to quit. Seeing as the inline is cheaper
replyreply
inline wont do paccar ESA, which is a major downer as that program is heavily used by anyone doing multiple trucks.

uni
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , iceman , Techmech , ClarkWGriswald
10-16-2023, (Subject: How to data link. (connect) to ISX CM2350 ) 
Is there a way to tell which of the chineseium inline 6 adapters are actually any good?

The price range on them seems to go from $150-$900 Canadian, depending on the supplier. A new inline 7 from a Cummins dealership is ~$2500Canadian.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.