SOS 2250 just died suddenly
05-12-2019, (Subject: SOS 2250 just died suddenly ) 
RE: SOS 2250 just died suddenly
yep good point i forgot to mention that Magard points out. 1000s of PSI can kill you as it can hypo spray basically right through your skin into your blood so even a small wound can be dangerous. so do not encompass the system with your hands/body where your seperating it. the gauge may read 0 but you cant trust the gauge when dealing with hydraulic pressures.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
I'm familiar with high pressure hydraulics; thanks for the warning.

I'm going to guess that since I didn't get a red stop eng light that the oil pressure probably isn't my problem(just thinking out loud.)

Also, I'm not going to be replacing the pump at this location, so I guess its on the hook I go.
replyreply
Just because it doesn’t hold pressure doesn’t mean that the fuel system is junk also. Injectors will bleed pressure off ounce they get a little wear.
replyreply
Trying to figure out where to get it towed to... Who do you think would have the best Vaseline? Freightliner or Cummins.
replyreply
I have heard that Freightliner vaseline is slicker, less pain.
Do you have Insite with you to check fuel actuator?
replyreply
05-13-2019, (Subject: SOS 2250 just died suddenly ) 
Do you have a davco fuel filter on your truck? Many times I get a fuel filter change and the plastic glass part isn't tightened enough and throws fuel pressure codes and dies.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , fargonaz
Nope, no davco.

It's a 2250, I saw something about current for an actuator.

Not many good service choices, since I'm not in GA., going to cummins, based on all the fake reviews for the Freightliner dealer up here.
replyreply
Don't turn it over any more until someone takes the head off of that fuel pump. Any more cranking will send more debris into the engine if the pump has failed.
replyreply
I'm now a member of the white Volvo Mafia :/

It's at Cummins in Nashville, should know more this afternoon.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.