SOS 2250 just died suddenly
05-12-2019, (Subject: SOS 2250 just died suddenly ) 
SOS 2250 just died suddenly
Just had a PM last night, put 500+ miles on her today and just fueled in Franklin. About 12 miles south of Franklin it just flat quits pulling or responding to throttle. MIL for HP fuel pressure low.

No indication for oil pressure (crank case is full), but I'm not getting any of that while cranking and the gauge passes it's self test.
Insite is showing negative fuel pressure during cranking (lift pump runs) and no oil pressure.

IF I can supply any more info please ask!

Thanks
replyreply
RE: SOS 2250 just died suddenly
how mini miles to u have and have up upgraded the fuel pump..not sure what it might be just trying to help other out that know more ..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
Never been updated. That is part of the reason for going to Haggai's.
replyreply
from what ive heard he the man to go...hope other will chime in so we can get u some help
replyreply
well 0 FP on high side during cranking there's either air in system, fuel pump died "which means its catastrophic to the fuel system and engine", or some part of the system isnt allowing fuel to the high pressure pump.

How many miles on engine? if mileage is above 300k was the high pressure fuel pump replaced/rebuilt? if you find smorgans post you can see just how fast the fuel pump can expire and damage it can do.

Check fuel filters ensure they are tight and that company that did PM didnt loose an oring installing the filter. my dad had that at sap bros PM done and went down the road with his cm870 shooting fuel out all over the truck due to an oring missing on fuel filter attached below solenoids.

if you have a davco make sure there's fuel in it also make sure its tightened down and sealed properly on the bottom ring seal and on the twisty cap on the top. if there is no fuel in davco there's either a restriction from tanks to davco or there is a bad seal so it cannot create a vacuum to pull more fuel into it.

I dont know if theres any quick roadside checks you can do to verify the HPressure fuel pump on the side of the road to see if it died as im not experienced with 2250-2350/X15 applications using this terrible design.

Possibly see if your engine has a manual primer pump usally something near the fuel system that you unscrew a bit and it pops out allowing you to push it in and out to manually pump fuel. most reefer units use this same type of pump incase they run out of fuel if that helps identify what im talking about. this might get some pressure into the system to see if it will start.

bout all i can currently come up with off the top of my head.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , fargonaz
I appreciate the reply.

Fuel pump has never been done. I have fuel out of the compucheck fitting on the secondary filter (healthy stream.)

No manual priming pump on this one. The filters are full.

God, this place sucks; 5 miles sooner and I would have had a ton of room 2 miles later and I would have been at the loves :/
replyreply
No oil pressure is is weird. My 2250 in a Volvo will show oil psi on just cranking. Maybe gauge sender if your lucky. Can you reset code in computer. Verify oil pressure. Then try starting. A oil pressure code would probably shut engine off and not restart until rectified.
replyreply
im not familiar with the 2250-x15 application just how a fuel system should work so im at a loss if you have good fuel to suction side of HP pump i would expect if its in good working order to put out fuel pressure or even if not in good shape to move some fuel just maybe without much pressure.

I dont know fuel pump location but if it was mine and if you can pull a fitting off the outbound side of the pump to see if it sprays fuel when cranking and try to catch it in something to inspect for metal. also pull dipstick a few times check for metal.

other than that i would think there has to be a pressure relief system since it doesnt want more than say 30,000 PSI or so pressure on the injectors so maybe a pressure regulator went out allowing all fuel to bypass?
replyreply
Be careful around that fuel system. If it’s pressured up and you take lines apart on the pressure side it could cut you with high pressure fuel. Dangerous
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Lonestar10 , fargonaz , Signature620

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.