Troubleshooting help
05-13-2019, (Subject: Troubleshooting help ) 
Troubleshooting help
I've got an 08 CM871 Serial#79252599 485/1650 W/@m*m^2 and it keeps throwing fault code:
0629 - Turbocharger 1 Compressor Intake Pressure - Data Valid But Below Normal Operating Range - Moderately Severe Level
It comes and goes at random it seems like. Before this last round of tinkering there were 226 counts.
I've also had 70 counts of 2288 Turbocharger 1 Speed - Data Valid But Above Normal Operating Range - Least Severe and 13 counts of 3348 Turbocharger 1 Compressor Intake Pressure - Data Valid but below normal operational range - Most Severe Level

So far I've changed ALL the engine and turbo sensors, new air filter, and tried swapping with another known good ecm. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.
replyreply
RE: Troubleshooting help
Has the CCV element been drilled out and both aftertreament can elements been "liberated"?
Are you leaking oil profusely?
replyreply
Is your air filter clean?
replyreply
(05-13-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Is your air filter clean?

Yes just put a brand new one in.
replyreply
(05-13-2019 )Moose Wrote:  Has the CCV element been drilled out and both aftertreament can elements been "liberated"?
Are you leaking oil profusely?

Yes yes and no oil leaks.
replyreply
Has it happened all of a sudden or ever since the ecm was reprogrammed? Sounds like the VG tables need adjusting.
replyreply
05-14-2019, (Subject: Troubleshooting help ) 
(05-13-2019 )Signature620 Wrote:  Has it happened all of a sudden or ever since the ecm was reprogrammed? Sounds like the VG tables need adjusting.
It has be a growing problem, I want to say it started happening a couple weeks after it was reprogrammed, but honestly, it sat for that long before it was driven on a regular basis. I guess I could try a stock program and just ignore the other faults...
replyreply
05-15-2019, (Subject: Troubleshooting help ) 
how much boost is it making?

the symptoms you describe sound like an intake or exhaust restriction. After-market CAC?, Does get better power and boost when you have the exhaust disconnected from behind the turbo?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Techmech
05-15-2019, (Subject: Troubleshooting help ) 
(05-15-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  how much boost is it making?

the symptoms you describe sound like an intake or exhaust restriction. After-market CAC?, Does get better power and boost when you have the exhaust disconnected from behind the turbo?

It'll make about 36-38lbs boost on average. The cac appears to be genuine Navistar but I can't say with 100% certainty. And there doesn't seem to be any noticable difference with the exhaust disconnected. I will say whoever did the dpf filter made a complete mess of things and I had to clean that situation up/out.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.