CM870 EGR replacement
05-22-2016, (Subject: CM870 EGR replacement ) 
RE: CM870 EGR replacement
(05-21-2016 )tree98 Wrote:  Well it has been determined that I need a new EGR valve. So this afternoon I took the old one off and i'm in the process of trying to figure out 1. which tubes are the ones going to the delta pressure sensor? 2. where is the intake manifold temp sensor? 3. Is this picture the exhaust back pressure sensor pipe?(somehow the picture got turned sideways?) if it is does anyone have any idea's how to get the fitting out of the exhaust manifold? Looks like someone tried to get it out before because it's kinda boogered up. I wasn't able to get it loose and I'm pretty sure it's gonna end up rounded off if I keep trying. Should I cut the pipe and try to get it out with a socket then just buy a new pipe from cummins ? maybe heat the manifold with a torch?

As Rawze pointed out before, remove exhaust temp sensor, replug it while it is off, start the engine, put your hand over the sensor hole,feel for exhaust flowing from the pipe and hole. If you feel "air" exiting then your pipe is not plugged, move on.

User's Signature: 36-25-34
replyreply
(05-22-2016 )trucklogger2 Wrote:  
(05-21-2016 )tree98 Wrote:  Well it has been determined that I need a new EGR valve. So this afternoon I took the old one off and i'm in the process of trying to figure out 1. which tubes are the ones going to the delta pressure sensor? 2. where is the intake manifold temp sensor? 3. Is this picture the exhaust back pressure sensor pipe?(somehow the picture got turned sideways?) if it is does anyone have any idea's how to get the fitting out of the exhaust manifold? Looks like someone tried to get it out before because it's kinda boogered up. I wasn't able to get it loose and I'm pretty sure it's gonna end up rounded off if I keep trying. Should I cut the pipe and try to get it out with a socket then just buy a new pipe from cummins ? maybe heat the manifold with a torch?

As Rawze pointed out before, remove exhaust temp sensor, replug it while it is off, start the engine, put your hand over the sensor hole,feel for exhaust flowing from the pipe and hole. If you feel "air" exiting then your pipe is not plugged, move on.

I took the valve off before I checked the pipe so now I either have to take the pipe off or put it back together and test it right?
replyreply
I just got it out
replyreply
(05-22-2016 )tree98 Wrote:  I just got it out

you can commit to getting someone like unilevers to reprogram your ecm, if so give your valve a good cleaning, re-install, put a blocking plate in bellows pipe next to your valve, another in your ecm pipe at intake manifold, replace 3 aforementioned sensors, get a pyrometer if you don't already have one, and voila! Bob's your uncle.

replyreply
(05-22-2016 )trucklogger2 Wrote:  
(05-22-2016 )tree98 Wrote:  I just got it out

you can commit to getting someone like unilevers to reprogram your ecm, if so give your valve a good cleaning, re-install, put a blocking plate in bellows pipe next to your valve, another in your ecm pipe at intake manifold, replace 3 aforementioned sensors, get a pyrometer if you don't already have one, and voila! Bob's your uncle.

Voila! Bob's your uncle?? That made me laugh...never heard that one before
replyreply
05-23-2016, (Subject: CM870 EGR replacement ) 
In my case Bob's my grandpa.
replyreply
(05-23-2016 )Nilao Wrote:  In my case Bob's my grandpa.

Also,a temporary cheap option is to button everything up again, then unplug #10 sensor on previous diagram. It is located under fuel filter on ecm pipe. But you will have a check engine light. After you unplug it, you need to key on and off twice.

replyreply
(05-23-2016 )trucklogger2 Wrote:  
(05-23-2016 )Nilao Wrote:  In my case Bob's my grandpa.

Also,a temporary cheap option is to button everything up again, then unplug #10 sensor on previous diagram. It is located under fuel filter on ecm pipe. But you will have a check engine light. After you unplug it, you need to key on and off twice.

Just turn the key to on then off again and do that twice? I'm gonna put it back together temporarily until I get all my parts together.
replyreply
11-27-2018, (Subject: CM870 EGR replacement ) 
(05-22-2016 )1096 Wrote:  
(05-22-2016 )tree98 Wrote:  Thanks for the help. Is the differential pressure sensor also called the delta p sensor?
YES (while I was slowly formulating my answer, Rawze beat me to the punch). I finally find a question that I can answer and this happens!
Too funny

User's Signature: VOLVO VNL 780 Cummins 450HP CM871 W/13 Spd
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.