Help for isx 15 valve clearence set up.
05-14-2019, (Subject: Help for isx 15 valve clearence set up. ) 
Help for isx 15 valve clearence set up.
Hi everyone!Removed the both rocker shafts for inspection without noticing on what cylinder valves are closed on A mark.Now I am wondering:dodgy::huh: after installing them back which cylinder must be set first,1 or 6, or I can set any of them and then follow the firing order.Thanks all in advance.
replyreply
05-15-2019, (Subject: Help for isx 15 valve clearence set up. ) 
RE: Help for isx 15 valve clearence set up.
I was just looking at mine, that firing order... Rawze told me don't be a dummy, write it up here on the motor. I did. Glad I did. I just got up, working on the truck today... Just took my first sip of coffee, will be out there in about an hour. If you get to this reply before than, Cummins Quickserve...

Here, I did it for you... I found this in the engine assembly section, under Service. Then go to Overhead Set...

Early engine vibration dampers are marked with BRAKE SET 1-6, BRAKE SET 2-5, or BRAKE SET 3-4. The engine brakes must be set at the appropriate mark on these engines. Newer engine vibration dampers are marked with only A, B, or C, and are adjusted with the valves and injector on the same cylinder.

Locate the valve set marks on the outside of the vibration damper.

The set marks are A, B, and C:

Set to mark A to adjust cylinder 1 or 6.
Set to mark B to adjust cylinder 2 or 5.
Set to mark C to adjust cylinder 3 or 4.
Two complete revolutions are required to set all valves, engine brakes, and injectors.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Techmech
(05-15-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  I was just looking at mine, that firing order... Rawze told me don't be a dummy, write it up here on the motor. I did. Glad I did. I just got up, working on the truck today... Just took my first sip of coffee, will be out there in about an hour. If you get to this reply before than, Cummins Quickserve...

Here, I did it for you... I found this in the engine assembly section, under Service. Then go to Overhead Set...

Early engine vibration dampers are marked with BRAKE SET 1-6, BRAKE SET 2-5, or BRAKE SET 3-4. The engine brakes must be set at the appropriate mark on these engines. Newer engine vibration dampers are marked with only A, B, or C, and are adjusted with the valves and injector on the same cylinder.

Locate the valve set marks on the outside of the vibration damper.

The set marks are A, B, and C:

Set to mark A to adjust cylinder 1 or 6.
Set to mark B to adjust cylinder 2 or 5.
Set to mark C to adjust cylinder 3 or 4.
Two complete revolutions are required to set all valves, engine brakes, and injectors.

Thank you for the response.I know how to do the valve set but my question was if you removed the both rocker shafts after install them back and set damper on A mark, how easily can I figure out which cylinder must set 1 or 6.I already got some idea just looking for easy an accurate way.
replyreply
which ever set are both in the up position. if 6 is at tdc then 1 will have a valve in the depressed postition. you should be able to wiggle both the intake and exhaust on the cylinder you want to adjust.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620 , barf , Waterloo , mmssvv
Yep, when you're on A, B or C look at the matching cylinder numbers A = 1 or 6 B = 2 or 5 C = 3 or 4, grab one of the two cylinders rocker arms and if it rocks freely or able to move them, that's the one you're on to adjust. The other one will be tight.

Start on whichever one is loose first then continue the sequence from there. Just like Waterloo says to complete rotations of the engine will bring you right back to where you started. Remember to get a paint marker and mark your cylinders intake, exhaust, injector and jake as you complete them. It is really easy to forget what you've already done as you're doing it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , mmssvv

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.