New to me 2016 Prostar- What now?
05-15-2019, (Subject: New to me 2016 Prostar- What now? ) 
New to me 2016 Prostar- What now?
Just bought a 2016 International Prostar with an ISX 2350. I've started researching the info on this forum.....

First step, oil bypass system- Amsoil BMK30?

EGR tuneup due... Are there any videos specific to the 2350 or are Rawse's 870 videos close enough to show me how to do it?

Next steps? Take it to Haggai? I'm only about 2 hours from him.

Truck has 277k miles. Was a repo bought that I bought at the local used truck sales place. I have no idea how it was maintained.

Still has factory warranty for another 6 months or so.

Appreciate any input guiding me on a step by step process to make sure this engine lasts as long as possible.

Thanks in advance.
replyreply
RE: New to me 2016 Prostar- What now?
Take it to Haggi and don’t look back! Have him rebuild the fuel pump, no matter your miles. And yes, I am a customer, best shop on the planet. Enough said.

Oh, you may just run into Rawze there, just saying.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: InmotionProstar , smorgan87 , Explosia
Have it tuned to run good with all the garbage on it or if you don't care about the warranty get rid of all the garbage tune to run right but definitely do the EGR tune up and replace the recommended sensors
replyreply
 Thanks given by: InmotionProstar
Fuel pump is crucial, no matter how good it looks upon inspection. Rebuild it, and start counting down, that way you know when it was rebuilt. DO NOT BE A VICTIM!

That is what I would do, this is not a game, unless you have very deep pockets. You have $40 large laying around? Don't go there. I have, twice. It ain't no fun.
replyreply
Exactly what waterloo said. Take to haggai andnlet him go thru it top to bottom and straighten it out. As for that pump. DO NOT cheap out and wait to rebuild it. Trust me. I just had one go and send a 400k mile engine straight to hell. The bill for ur share of a new engine (if its under warranty) is more than the rebuild on that pump.
replyreply
Oh and 15 grand in lost income.
replyreply
I thought that Cummins had at least isolated the problem so that when the fuel pump failed, it didn't take out the whole motor anymore. I guess that's not the case?
replyreply
(05-15-2019 )InmotionProstar Wrote:  I thought that Cummins had at least isolated the problem so that when the fuel pump failed, it didn't take out the whole motor anymore. I guess that's not the case?
It was isolated in the x15 engine. Still takes out the fuel system which is prolly 10-15k to clean and replace all the parts.
replyreply
Dude those newer motors have the most catastrophic fuel pump issue..... i wouldnt f$%k around with the truck till id get it to haggi. your so damn close! its a living nightmare, keep close track of the miles you do put on the motor after you get the fuel pump rebuilt or replaced. Everyone here is telling you ether from personal experience or seeing it personally.... its no joke.

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
 Thanks given by: InmotionProstar , Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.