Turbo actuator looks froze up
05-22-2016, (Subject: Turbo actuator looks froze up ) 
Turbo actuator looks froze up
What does this mean?[attachment=1533]
replyreply
RE: Turbo actuator looks froze up
(05-22-2016 )tree98 Wrote:  What does this mean?

unhook the airline to it and pressure it up with a shop air nozzle - it should move and if it doesnt its no good.

you can also use insite to manually activate it if you have it and the truck is aired up.
replyreply
(05-22-2016 )Unilevers Wrote:  
(05-22-2016 )tree98 Wrote:  What does this mean?

unhook the airline to it and pressure it up with a shop air nozzle - it should move and if it doesnt its no good.

you can also use insite to manually activate it if you have it and the truck is aired up.

What happens or doesn't happen because it's not working?
replyreply
I'm trying to learn something here. Why not just disconnect the rod that comes from the actuator, that connects to the turbo, and see if it can be moved by hand.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
(05-22-2016 )hhow55 Wrote:  I'm trying to learn something here. Why not just disconnect the rod that comes from the actuator, that connects to the turbo, and see if it can be moved by hand.

Well I hooked my compressor to it like he said and it moved effortlessly. It sure looks like it hasn't moved in a long time but it does. It took me about 30 seconds to test it that way so I would assume that's the fastest and easiest method.
replyreply
(05-22-2016 )hhow55 Wrote:  I'm trying to learn something here. Why not just disconnect the rod that comes from the actuator, that connects to the turbo, and see if it can be moved by hand.

its way tougher than it looks to move by hand, the spring return is strong. its just easier to use air.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.