Exhaust Trap Inlet Pressure error by onboard diagnostics
05-16-2019, (Subject: Exhaust Trap Inlet Pressure error by onboard diagnostics ) 
Thumbs Down Exhaust Trap Inlet Pressure error by onboard diagnostics
Recently I had the DPF cleaned by a dealer. Fixed the STOP ENGINE light that was coming on and staying on. After driving approximately three hundred miles had a check engine light come on and stay on. Ran the onboard diagnostics and it returned exhaust trap inlet pressure. Whether it’s high pressure or low pressure I don’t know. My truck is a 2014 Peterbilt 386 w/Cummins ISX 15 rated at 450 HP. Any ideas what’s going on with my ride?
replyreply
05-16-2019, (Subject: Exhaust Trap Inlet Pressure error by onboard diagnostics ) 
RE: Exhaust Trap Inlet Pressure error by onboard diagnostics
The stealersh$it is useless towards preventing any of those types of problems from re-occurring. They are experts however at taking you for all you are worth with repeating failures if you let them.

did you do an EGR tune-up, replace sensors, etc. while you had the DPF baked?

Maybe pull it again and take pictures of tha faces. -- Or maybe you have pics of it the first time it was pulled?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RockerC
Unfortunately I don’t have any pictures just a considerably lighter wallet and a truck that is not completely fixed. No sensors were cleaned or replaced and no EGR tuneup done on the truck w/505K miles on it. I did notice it is doing regens more often. While at the dealer they said it had been doing the correct amount of regens. The mechanic put it all back together and performed a regen but was still throwing codes. I don’t know the codes it was sending but it was closing time and he started on it the next morning and it completed the regen and miraculously stopped throwing codes without doing anything to it.
replyreply
also since its the biggest thing going around the forums right now at 505k if you havent rebuilt the fuel pump you better do so as your sitting on a ticking time bomb that will scrap the entire engine if it lets loose.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RockerC
I have to ask why it’s a ticking time bomb if the fuel pump isn’t rebuilt
replyreply
(05-16-2019 )RockerC Wrote:  I have to ask why it’s a ticking time bomb if the fuel pump isn’t rebuilt

because if it lets go then your engine will become a boat anchor not worth saving in about 300 miles or so with the only warning being a check engine light for lower than normal fuel pressure and slight power loss while the metal shavings of the pump destroy everything in your engine that is lubricated by oil.

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid15389

there is likely 2 dozen people on this forum alone that have had it happen to them and learned the hard way, and every one of them said to themselves, "it ain't gonna happen to me just yet"
only to regret it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Techmech

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.