Cm870 gold oil tune
05-22-2019, (Subject: Cm870 gold oil tune ) 
RE: Cm870 gold oil tune
Awesome thanks. I do have a probe on the down pipe.
replyreply
My biggest thing is with the weight were pulling up here and the mountains we run through I'm just looking to make my motor more efficient. Hauling a light single trailer around with number 2 diesel I'm getting 5-5.5 mpg. Number 1 diesel it drops a full 1 mpg. We mostly haul heavy sets and I'll average 2.8-3.5 mpg. My truck came with a Pittsburg Power box on it. I've always ran with it off or on stage 1. I've never liked it because it's not true power efficient power. I want proper programming and everything in that motor to work at its highest potential. Can I bump up the hp and torque just with the programming? I'm looking to get up to 600-620 hp 2050 torque.
replyreply
Yes while programming the ecu the torque table can be changed to command a certian amnt of torque. Im having a little trbl understanding though. U stated u want efficiency but just said u want 2050 lbft of torque? Take ur pick, u cant have both. A factory 550 can produce 2050-2100lbft easily but with that torque comes a sacrifice of efficiency especially pulling heavy in the mountains. So if u want efficiency id go with around 1850 lbft. If u want a mix u can go with around 1950 lbft or if u wanna pull then turn it up to 2100lbft, burn the fuel and raise ur maintenance expense. A good tuner will make ur engine run as clean and safely efficient as possible but the higher the torque the less efficient u can safely run it. My 871 (thats broke down with tranny trouble) is at 2100ftlbs and 600hp. On fairly flat ground pulling 85-90k lbs and empty back it gets about 6.
replyreply
I hope for ur sake that puke power box hasnt trashed ur motor b4 u can get it properly tuned.
replyreply
Ive got a cm870 and uni did my tune, the guy saved me another inframe with just the tune. I haul containers, some times i luck out couple of days with light loads and then nothing but heavy ones. I told Uni i dont care much for power since i dont mind crawling up the hills and mountains in the midwest region here.

You can have power but the mpg's wont be that much different then what your getting now, i tuned down the motor to 505 hp from 550 factory. I can get 6-10 mpg's if i do everything properly and im not rushing to get to my delivery appt. Hauling that much weight you might get lucky to get 5-7 mpg's steady if you arent rushing n let the motor do the work n keep the heat to a absolute minimum.

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
i think by efficient he might just mean its all running the way its suppose to at the power level its set at thats what i take from it. so basicaly a good uni-loony-tune where it puts down power without retard mode PD hackery,

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
05-23-2019, (Subject: Cm870 gold oil tune ) 
One other major thing ...
High rpms and low boost will let that thing burn less feul and live longer .
Run her 1500-1800 rpms when 10 - 15 lbs or higher of boost .
Pardon my grammer mistakes it's been a long couple of days ...

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
(05-22-2019 )Mluper7 Wrote:  My biggest thing is with the weight were pulling up here and the mountains we run through I'm just looking to make my motor more efficient. Hauling a light single trailer around with number 2 diesel I'm getting 5-5.5 mpg. Number 1 diesel it drops a full 1 mpg. We mostly haul heavy sets and I'll average 2.8-3.5 mpg. My truck came with a Pittsburg Power box on it. I've always ran with it off or on stage 1. I've never liked it because it's not true power efficient power. I want proper programming and everything in that motor to work at its highest potential. Can I bump up the hp and torque just with the programming? I'm looking to get up to 600-620 hp 2050 torque.

What is the gearing in that truck of yours? Which transmission? The proper gearing will play more into your day to day operation than a big horsepower tune. Also help with fuel.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
So it's a 565 ISX. 1850 torque. 18918 transmission. D46-170 rear ends with 3.91 gearing. Like lonestar said I want power with efficiency. And in my experience if you have high power and you keep your foot out of it except for when you need it in the hills I've had better fuel mileage. Not to mention having the power to help keep your momentum up and having to shift less when climbing can save you on the slick hills during winter. We haul 53' leads and 37' tails and can gross upward of 160,000 lbs depending on the freight. So higher torque is desired.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: smorgan87

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.