09 prostar horrible Mpg
05-24-2019, (Subject: 09 prostar horrible Mpg ) 
RE: 09 prostar horrible Mpg
(05-24-2019 )earnies2 Wrote:  
(05-23-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  has the overhead valves been adjusted since the inframe? - Maybe check em again?

Maybe wedge the engine to ensure a cam did not slip?

if you can get 40+ psi then the turbo is adjusted up a bit too high. That can also make fuel mileage fall off a bit.

those oil temps in a hard pull sound a tad high as well.
It's been a year since I last visited you has there been any updates to the program and maybe I should turn down the HP and boost? Is it s big job to wedge the cams to check timing? I ran the overhead when I changed the #5 injector I can run it again that's not a problem.
Should I change the oil cooler thermostat I was thinking about going to a 215 degree. I'm not sure about the age of the cooler? Or the damper

I would NOT suggest you put a different temp oil thermostat in it. - The oil is supposed to be above that temp to keep moisture out. - Never 'baindaide' your problems,.. find out what is causing them and solve them properly.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: earnies2

Messages In This Thread
RE: 09 prostar horrible Mpg - Rawze - 05-24-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.