New code problem...help?
05-23-2019, (Subject: New code problem...help? ) 
New code problem...help?
Hi all. I'm having a code pop up that I can't pinpoint. I bought this truck about 1.5 years ago.
2013 Kenworth w900 isx15...de-mandated few years ago. New turbo at that time. About 9 months after I bought it...I had to do a rebuild. Did out of frame full rebuild because of structure leaks. Replaced all injectors, CAC, rad, did update to fuel pump, and more. Truck has run pretty great since then (about 200,000KM). Pulling B train oil tankers.
Here's my new problem.
Getting a Check Engine light and code on the Road Relay screen. It happens when on an incline under load and when I level off...it goes away.
The pyro will go up to 1100...turbo maxes at 30psi and I get this code:
* PID 157 ENGINE CONTROLLER INJ METERING RAIL PRESSURE RESERVED
I changed fuel/water filter and engine fuel filter. Also I changed the exhaust gas pressure sensor because that had thrown a code a few times before this code ever started. Once this new code showed up...the gas sensor code stopped but I changed it hoping that was the culprit. But no luck
Anybody ever see this issue??
replyreply
RE: New code problem...help?
What kind of tune do you have on it? Do you know who wrote it or who installed it and where? Is it a tune associated with this site? If not, I would pull it and have the programming inspected, Rawze has been doing that for guys to see what they actually have, and the potential damage that may be happening. Do you have Insite? You are going to need that, as this code could be a few things, including a failed or failing fuel pump. Maybe someone else will chime in... Sounds like a questionable tune.
replyreply
(05-23-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  What kind of tune do you have on it? Do you know who wrote it or who installed it and where? Is it a tune associated with this site? If not, I would pull it and have the programming inspected, Rawze has been doing that for guys to see what they actually have, and the potential damage that may be happening. Do you have Insite? You are going to need that, as this code could be a few things, including a failed or failing fuel pump. Maybe someone else will chime in... Sounds like a questionable tune.
Thanks. It was done in Saskatoon, SK at a well known diesel shop a few years ago....before I bought it. I thought maybe air filters, clogged exhaust, IMAP sensor....but might have to get it to a shop to get it on the computer. I really should look into buying the InSite software I guess
replyreply
There is no maybe's about it. Insite is a must if you own a Cummins driven truck. Keep it in your truck any time your working. It'll pay you back 100 times over in saved break downs, tow bills and keep you out if the shop that will take your money just because they have it and you don't.
replyreply
(05-23-2019 )Skman Wrote:  Hi all. I'm having a code pop up that I can't pinpoint. I bought this truck about 1.5 years ago.
2013 Kenworth w900 isx15...de-mandated few years ago. New turbo at that time. About 9 months after I bought it...I had to do a rebuild. Did out of frame full rebuild because of structure leaks. Replaced all injectors, CAC, rad, did update to fuel pump, and more. Truck has run pretty great since then (about 200,000KM). Pulling B train oil tankers.
Here's my new problem.
Getting a Check Engine light and code on the Road Relay screen. It happens when on an incline under load and when I level off...it goes away.
The pyro will go up to 1100...turbo maxes at 30psi and I get this code:
* PID 157 ENGINE CONTROLLER INJ METERING RAIL PRESSURE RESERVED
I changed fuel/water filter and engine fuel filter. Also I changed the exhaust gas pressure sensor because that had thrown a code a few times before this code ever started. Once this new code showed up...the gas sensor code stopped but I changed it hoping that was the culprit. But no luck
Anybody ever see this issue??

* You need to find out what the actual cummins fault code is using Insite. Those road-relays are great but sometimes the code descriptions can be deceiving or out of date.

* If it was not done by Unilevers (or someone else highly recommended on this forum), then you need to have the programming checked out/inspected for safety and stability.

* 1100 on EGT's sounds a bit high, and only getting 30 lbs boost max sounds a bit low.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Techmech
Thanks guys. I've thought about getting the software and interface but I've been taking a beating on major repairs the last year....so cash is short lately.
I do want to go see Unilever to get this delete checked and possibly changed.
In the meantime, I'll have to take this to a shop to get it on the laptop.
replyreply
I just called the shop that did the de-mandate and it was a {big-box bad tuning name removed} tune. He said it was a small power bump but mainly a mileage tune.
replyreply
welp since the name is scrambled away im going to guess you have one of the big name crap quality engine destroying hackery in your computer. best get to uni quick before another inframe is due and have it fixed. which will probably net you more MPGs and better run ability and longevity of the engine.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
05-24-2019, (Subject: New code problem...help? ) 
(05-23-2019 )Skman Wrote:  Thanks guys. I've thought about getting the software and interface but I've been taking a beating on major repairs the last year....so cash is short lately.
I do want to go see Unilever to get this delete checked and possibly changed.
In the meantime, I'll have to take this to a shop to get it on the laptop.

You have not seen anything yet $$$$ until you get that tune sorted out. Best to bite the bullet, sell your coach and TV if you have to and get a Cummins reader. Here is what you need, and this IS the one most all of us use here, including Rawze.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-INLINE-6-Da...SwNdFcvPW6
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Techmech , Skman

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.