Outside temperature
05-24-2016, (Subject: Outside temperature ) 
Outside temperature
Good morning guys,
Outside temperature not reading on dashboard, 2010 w900l, anyone familiar with this by chance?
Thanks
replyreply
RE: Outside temperature
Not familiar with your truck, but does it read anything? Or just way inaccurate? Doesn't work at all?

A -40 degree reading may possibly be a bad sensor or open circuit and a max temp reading (not sure what yours would be) could indicate a bad sensor or a short circuit.

Is it a separate gauge or is it one that is a push button thru various indicators?
replyreply
(05-24-2016 )micksrule Wrote:  Not familiar with your truck, but does it read anything? Or just way inaccurate? Doesn't work at all?

A -40 degree reading may possibly be a bad sensor or open circuit and a max temp reading (not sure what yours would be) could indicate a bad sensor or a short circuit.

Is it a separate gauge or is it one that is a push button thru various indicators?

Thank you it just read --- right now & it's integrated w rpm hrs gauge
replyreply
It sounds like a bad sensor or shorted wiring. Max temp reading to high for gauge to read correctly. The probable location of the sensor is in the driver mirror. Doing just a bit of research shows the sensor may be part of a harness, although I can't say for sure.
replyreply
(05-24-2016 )micksrule Wrote:  It sounds like a bad sensor or shorted wiring. Max temp reading to high for gauge to read correctly. The probable location of the sensor is in the driver mirror. Doing just a bit of research shows the sensor may be part of a harness, although I can't say for sure.

it is part of the mirror harness, and its not sold seperate. it is a large pain to change and they go often
replyreply
Looking at the moto-mirror right now bet that tiny rubber nipple at bottom of it is the sensor....have to lok deeper into it I changed air breathers filters Sunday hopefully I unplugged something tugging things around
Thanks a bunch guys
replyreply
(05-24-2016 )Coco620 Wrote:  Looking at the moto-mirror right now bet that tiny rubber nipple at bottom of it is the sensor....have to lok deeper into it I changed air breathers filters Sunday hopefully I unplugged something tugging things around
Thanks a bunch guys

That little rubber nipple is probably it. Cool.
replyreply
its a grey block tied onto the mirror arm going into the mirror. its inline with the big grey harness running from the truck to the mirror, its fairly obvious if you look closely.
replyreply
(05-24-2016 )Unilevers Wrote:  its a grey block tied onto the mirror arm going into the mirror. its inline with the big grey harness running from the truck to the mirror, its fairly obvious if you look closely.

I will check it out in am ty those moto-mirrors are a pain in the behind
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.