Cm2350 down 559 issues
05-26-2019, (Subject: Cm2350 down 559 issues ) 
RE: Cm2350 down 559 issues
You probably gonna need new gaskets and seals for that head but if that will get you rolling idk.Those 4 10mm head bolts has a torque spec of 50 foot pounds, then moved again 60 degrees. Idk if you could get by without a torque wrench but maybe some compressed air in the side of the pump can free it up the pin not going back??
I'll send u pm with a link of what mine was like.

User's Signature: Also known as Shotgun
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Ironsled
05-26-2019, (Subject: Cm2350 down 559 issues ) 
(05-25-2019 )Ironsled Wrote:  Yes I can pulll it out easily but tapping it a few times and it does not return uppwards like it should . I’m assuming the check valve is bad in the head and that would explain why the system won’t pressure to spec . Am I wrong ? Can check valves be replace ? Or do I have to replace the whole assembly

The check valve is bad/leaky. This will cause a lot of pressure losses depending on how bad it is.

Also since it has never been rebuilt, you need new tappets, rollers, and plungers.

Maybe give Mr. hag's shop a call and see what all part #'s you need. They do a lot of them.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Ironsled
05-28-2019, (Subject: Cm2350 down 559 issues ) 
Ok so we got with him and found a guy who could look at it as everyone in his area will not work on a tuned engine. blah blah junk, So after getting hooked up with insite his code was for low fuel pressure while cranking. Yes it was low and once started it would got up to 5600 psi as commanded. As it ran he said it would drop back down and shut off. Quick serve said that its either a restriction in lines of the gear pump going bad on back of high pressure oil pump. Im leaning towards he has a restriction or blockage some where. I told him he needs to find a hose to run in a 5 gallon buck and bypass filter housing and see what happens. Sad part hes on the side of the road so I can not be of much help.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Wiseman , Ironsled , Techmech
05-29-2019, (Subject: Cm2350 down 559 issues ) 
When i got trash in my tank it was sucked into the stand pipe where it got lodged. Couldn't see it but my filter housing was empty so i knew I had no fuel yet had fuel it the tanks. I crawled under the truck and disconnected the fuel lines and blew threw them....i still hate the taste of diesel fuel...but it blew out a piece of rtv sealant...i still to this day do not know how it came to be in my tank as there has never been any rtv applied to any engine parts of my truck let alone the fuel system.
replyreply
(05-29-2019 )Nilao Wrote:  ...
.i still to this day do not know how it came to be in my tank as there has never been any rtv applied to any engine parts of my truck let alone the fuel system.

maybe from a fuel pump at a truck stop?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Today’s up date is no good news . I took all the fuel line lose from the paccar filter base and blew them out a lot towards the tank with the tank side disconnected . Check the filter base top and sure nothing clogging that keep in mind these are new filters. And put it all back together . I got a big water bottle and put the line from lift pump side and put it in there and let it prime topped the bottle off with more fuel and started the motor . Right off She ran good , got down to about a 1/3 of fuel left and the motor died again . I also made sure the check valve in the banjo bolt on the drAin line off the back of the block was clean and was working properly and put back . I also took soap spray bottle and sprayed all connections looking closely for sucking or bubbling and found nothing .

On a new note . There’s a relay behind the gauge cluster clicks every couple mins with the key off

AND

When I use my keyless entry to look or unlock the truck normally my running lights will flash and hold a sec or two then-go off

Now my trailer looks like strobes for a couple secs before it goes off . I’m leaning on bad delete and or something in ecm . I only start with delete due to me and me. Hagg noticed my turbo was sitting at 77 on insite . Not good .... I’m lost trying to get a computer with insite sent to me over night to maybe do calibration and then rack my brain on delete back so don’t derate
replyreply
05-30-2019, (Subject: Cm2350 down 559 issues ) 
(05-29-2019 )Ironsled Wrote:  ... . I’m leaning on bad delete and or something in ecm

?Have you also tried disconnecting the exhaust piping behind the turbo and cranking it up to see if it is an excess back-pressuere issue that the ECU is unable to report properly due to bad programming?

If the programming is bad,.. then you can be assured the exhaust 'cans' have not been dealt with properly either. Most those guys don't even hollow out the SCR can (using piss-poor excuses like its a passive device or some other horse-sh%it) on the newer trucks, or do stup[id s#it like drill a bunch of small holes or install a piece of pipe that keep things restrictive and causes a lot of reflected heat/damage to turbo, etc. that always inevitably collapses internally or shifts and causes engine damage or power/run problems instead of making things 100% hollow and free-flowing as possible.

engine problems aside, turbo at 77% at idle is a sign of a very bad delete where the turbo is still being used to warm up an SCR exhaust can that is no longer active. (a sure sign that its in the wrong engine mode for sure).

Back up the ECM programming with C&*Term, then ...
Flash the ECM back to stock factory programming and see if it runs. even with stuff unplugged/bypassed, it will usually run for a while ( few hours or so, or 10+ miles or so driving ) before warnings set in OR AT LEAST TELL YOU WHY ITS SHUTTING DOWN !. Most bad deelte programming will also suppress several if not a dozen or more codes from ever showing in the dash. For all you know the eCM can be screaming its arsse off about what is wrong + shutting itself down to protect the engine and you can't see it because that particular code has been suppressed. - That is very common too with bad butcher-block tuning.

A decent de-mandate file for that engine SHOULD NOT REQUIRE ANY FAULT CODES TO BE SUPPRESSED!. so that a truck owner can know if something does go wrong with their engine and can fix it.

It would not surprise me, not one damn bit. I have seen several trucks here in the last few months with bad delete programming that was done off those gawd-aweful truck tuning forums that made it so many miles and then shut down without any warnings or dash lights or anything,.. just bad programming from hell in them -- all the while the arseholes who made such garbage laughing all the way to the bank with your hard earned ca$$h.

-- Yet another reason why when someone comes over here, I will sit down for an hour or so and show them every single line of code and setting that some ignorant butcher of a hack-job tuner has done to their ECM in every detail. They can't hide their programming from me,.. and there is no trick or 'secret sauce' they can claim they have that is worth 2 cents, nonetheless what these morons don't want their customers to know. I do this so that the truck owner themselves can see how bad what they had in their engine really was, because many people do not know until they can see it for themselves in all its ugliness.

Most reasonable people would not eat a half-rotted, maggot infested, uncooked piece of diseased meat they found on the side of the road. -- I would think not,.. so why would they let their engine do so?

replyreply
 Thanks given by: victory26 , Magard , Waterloo
Just helped my buddy straighten his out with Uniliever help. 15 degrees advanced timing... Gee I wonder why the head gasket blew.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(05-30-2019 )Magard Wrote:  Just helped my buddy straighten his out with Uniliever help. 15 degrees advanced timing... Gee I wonder why the head gasket blew.

sounds like one of those bad tunes comming out of the Indiana area that keeps taking out engines.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.