Cm2350 down 559 issues
05-30-2019, (Subject: Cm2350 down 559 issues ) 
RE: Cm2350 down 559 issues
(05-30-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  
(05-30-2019 )Magard Wrote:  Just helped my buddy straighten his out with Uniliever help. 15 degrees advanced timing... Gee I wonder why the head gasket blew.

sounds like one of those bad tunes comming out of the Indiana area that keeps taking out engines.

That one place? Hokey Pucks? I thought they were getting squared away?
replyreply
I do know plugged DPFs can cause big issues. a truck i was looking at buying - 2008 CM871 International 9900I wouldnt start as it sat at my mechanics for a while while the guy decided if he wanted to sell it or turn it into his new side dump rig.

well i fiddle farted with it for 2 days trying to get it to start and it just wouldnt it would barely roll the engine over with new batteries so i gave up and didnt buy it or continue looking into it.

Turned out had a few issues

Some Check valve in IFSM was stuck open so prime pump barely pissed a drop of fuel into 2ndary filter. it didnt have a davco so had a spin on up on the firewall.

after check valve was fixed it still wouldnt start and cranked over hard as hell still.
come to find out the DPF filter was completely plugged. took filter off truck roared to life.

now the guy uses it as his side dump rig but is thinking about deleting it as the emission system with the work hes doing just doesnt get along as it can barely ever finish a regen. im hoping one of the mechanics that i told to tell him i would help him for free did so that way he doesnt wind up killing the thing with some crap tuning.

so i guess after that long winded stunt. check the cans they can kick your ass.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Ironsled
Yea boys I’m still sitting in the same town . I got a ride today to Spokane and got a rental Penske truck to deliver my load to Lowe’s DC tomorrow then back I’ll be on my way . Return the Penske truck Saturday and will have a computer arriving Saturday with insite . A lot of good people coming through on a hectic week and I appreciate each and everyone of them . I will keep y’all posted on the progress I’ll be back to working on the truck Saturday .
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
05-31-2019, (Subject: Cm2350 down 559 issues ) 
(05-30-2019 )Ironsled Wrote:  Yea boys I’m still sitting in the same town . I got a ride today to Spokane and got a rental Penske truck to deliver my load to Lowe’s DC tomorrow then back I’ll be on my way . Return the Penske truck Saturday and will have a computer arriving Saturday with insite . A lot of good people coming through on a hectic week and I appreciate each and everyone of them . I will keep y’all posted on the progress I’ll be back to working on the truck Saturday .

As much grief you have had to suffer so far with it, if you had been within a couple hours drive or so of where I am at, I would have come over w/ my laptop and yanked that garbage out of your ECM to see if that was the problem.

That would be a good next step towards elimination, but I would not focus only on one thing though...

A couple years ago someone drove up here from florida (in their car) swearing they had a bad ECM. - They got here and i slapped their ecm onto the side of my own truck and my truck fired right up. - I had told them try to change out the gear pump, as it would not build quite enough pressure. They did not believe it was the pump because like yours, it would run for a bit then stall out with sudden pressure loss.

Turns out that their gear pump input shaft was snapped internally. - The thing would catch and spin and make pressure until it got to certain point,.. then slip, and stop spinning, stalling the engine out again.

Your problem does not seem the same, you are holding pressure?. but you never know.

Aslo, there are the many cases where the engine just dies randomly about 30 seconds to a couple minutes after cranking. - Most of the time, it will run several minutes longer after the engine is cold (like sitting over night), and only for a very short time after it starts warming up... - This is almost always an ECM problem, seen that plenty. - Tapping on the ECM with something in certain places reveals it almost always.

Then there is this...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...05#pid3505

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Techmech , Ironsled
06-02-2019, (Subject: Cm2350 down 559 issues ) 
Progress made in the past couple of days.
Mr Hagg and I have been back-and-forth on the phone throughout the weekend I got a computer with the software and in-line six then look into the tune that was put in. Feel tables were off into the negatives on the low-end turbo was up around 77 I believe, 16 fault codes blocked 95% of them were DPF after treatment related and one calibration failure .
Most of the rest of the was just left stock Except for the NOx was still on . After clearing codes and fixing Some tune changes , Mr. Hagg Believed it was fuel gear pump related or a blockage of some sort . Since I had already been through most of the lines trying to clear them earlier in the week and hadn’t found anything my first go to this morning was pulling the gear pump . I found that the gear spins freely on the shaft meaning that it was sheared off so sir
once again your experience and knowledge have been proven correct . The correct part number I believe is 4307482 and the
Oring part number is 4903514 .

Complements to Rawze and Mr. Hagg For the knowledge and helping me out
I appreciate everybody else who looked into this and shared in part .
My biggest thanks goes out to Mr. Hagg
And the people of Mullan, Idaho who helped me the most
One man in Mullan who is a retired truck driver of 35+years had been very kind just going to show that the old school ways and morals are still out there giving us some what new guys stepping up to carry on the dreams and works of being an owner operator in this crazy industry.
ThNks again and I will post once I get Big Blue back together and running . Have a good Sunday
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , fargonaz , Wiseman , Volvo8873 , Magard
06-03-2019, (Subject: Cm2350 down 559 issues ) 
Alright boys at last I have the final update on this job. After this long deal I’m proud to say I fixed Big blue . I received The final part today . The fuel gear pump . As a whole the experience and hardship was a damn tough one but I learned a lot not only about my truck but also about myself . So a big thanks to all that chimed in to help out . Test drive went good and I just got my flatbed hooked up and big dog Zeke and I are about to head to Spokane for the evening return a core on the gear pump and await a load to go after in the morning . I’ll post a update in a few days about my mpg . Prior to this breakdown this year I’ve only averaged 5.48mpg . Talk to y’all soon .
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Volvo8873 , a113n , Magard , Waterloo , Techmech

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.