Doing some preventative maintenance on my cm870
05-27-2019, (Subject: Doing some preventative maintenance on my cm870 ) 
Doing some preventative maintenance on my cm870
Hello people! Happy memorial weekend.

So today I was looking over the truck and started to do some preventative maintenance on the truck, trying to catch or find anything out of the ordinary. So I started of with cleaning the valve cover n then saw the cables on the starter had some nasty oxidation on it n cleaned them of and when I was putting the buy back in for the red cable I snapped the sob of by over torqueing it :/.

So what are my options for that? I wanna get back to work tomorrow but I wanna fix this properly today.

Also noticed those two cables was or is supposed to miss one those small middle things or prongs? Someone tell me what you call those things lol. If it’s missing it’s inside one of those connectors n I think that connector hooks up to the thermostat housing? So that could be where my issue is with the over heating or inaccurate signs.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)
./uploads/201905/post_3477_1558987036_c282a5318b055b269bb280bbe318f333.jpeg./uploads/201905/post_3477_1558987050_a73b2a7e82e75b2b02a1943578b51e16.jpeg

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
RE: Doing some preventative maintenance on my cm870
These are the other photos

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)
./uploads/201905/post_3477_1558988506_06a0d00397291e84c42d4a4c068f5b59.jpeg

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
Prolly just a spot thats not used on those connectors. Manufacturers use the same plugs for multiple applictations and some of those applications use fewer wires. As far as the pole on the starter (the pic looks more like an alternator though) all i see is the insulator and nut missing.
replyreply
(05-27-2019 )smorgan87 Wrote:  Prolly just a spot thats not used on those connectors. Manufacturers use the same plugs for multiple applictations and some of those applications use fewer wires. As far as the pole on the starter (the pic looks more like an alternator though) all i see is the insulator and nut missing.

Yeah that pole on the alternator partially snapped n now it’s not as long as it was before.

replyreply
Short of replacing the alternator i think your SOL...those bolts have the stator wiring soldered directly to them. You can't just replace them unfortunately.
replyreply
(05-27-2019 )Nilao Wrote:  Short of replacing the alternator i think your SOL...those bolts have the stator wiring soldered directly to them. You can't just replace them unfortunately.

Lol I made it work, some how. Thankfully I found a smaller n thinner nut to screw on to it n it’s just doing fine. Gave it a good wiggle n jiggle n it’s very nice.

replyreply
Alternator shop can put a new pole on prty cheap if ur fix has a problem. Or if ur confident in ur abilities take it apart and solder a brass stud on there.
replyreply
(05-27-2019 )smorgan87 Wrote:  Alternator shop can put a new pole on prty cheap if ur fix has a problem. Or if ur confident in ur abilities take it apart and solder a brass stud on there.

just as a reference, taking an alternator apart typically requires special tool so that the brushes and top of commutator/rotor don't get destroyed.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: smorgan87
05-28-2019, (Subject: Doing some preventative maintenance on my cm870 ) 
I spent more time yesterday looking for 1inch n 1inch n 1/2 split looms to clean up the engine harness and keep the cables from rubbing on the metal, i could only find some 3/8 and other smaller sizes...... oriellys,home depot, lowes, advanced and autozone didnt have any.... menards didnt have any. so i just said f$%k it n dealt with the 3/8. didnt snap any pics but it looks cleaner for the most part.

After taking the old electrical tap of, i found a lot of the smaller n thinner cables have been spliced up... like a lot.

Man i honestly wish work was steady enough to make a decent amount so i can get caught up with bill's and get some other things replaced on this truck before they start to fail.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.