Doing some preventative maintenance on my cm870
05-28-2019, (Subject: Doing some preventative maintenance on my cm870 ) 
RE: Doing some preventative maintenance on my cm870
Find a NAPA, or do like I do, 100 ft rolls on Amazon, buy that stuff in bulk for pennies. I use that stuff everywhere, even in the house. Been through a few bulk rolls.

I should be starting my new gig this week, I'll let you know if you are interested.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: LRT1549
When you change your old coolant hose, save it. Cut a slice up it long ways with a carpenters knife. It works fantastic for padding pinch and rub area's. Just simply cut what you need to pad, slide it in and zip tie it in place.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze
(05-28-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  When you change your old coolant hose, save it. Cut a slice up it long ways with a carpenters knife. It works fantastic for padding pinch and rub area's. Just simply cut what you need to pad, slide it in and zip tie it in place.

That old heater hose has saved my bacon more than a few times... Not the prettiest thing, but it sure works in a pinch. When I hauled cars, brand new Sun Country trailer, so many rub areas on the hydraulic hoses, I could not believe they came out of the factory like that. I picked the trailer up at night, was sitting at a Petro the next day, cold as hell outside, got looking around the trailer real good and saw one too many issues. The shop was empty, I rolled it in and they let me go over the trailer, even gave me heater hose out of the trash to use on those hydraulic lines while they fixed a leveling valve and airline. What a mess.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Your saying use electrical wire loom as a hose sheath right like for coolant hoses so they don't rub a leak from vibrating?

User's Signature: Also known as Shotgun
replyreply
(05-28-2019 )TruckerNick Wrote:  Your saying use electrical wire loom as a hose sheath right like for coolant hoses so they don't rub a leak from vibrating?

Yep, I covered all lines on my truck - coolant, air, fuel. Some states are notorious for "chafing" or (NY DOT) "COULD chafe" airlines. I've heard of guys getting nailed for "cracked" lines because spray paint on the airlines was coming off. I made sure no airlines or fittings got painted, and then split loomed right to the fittings. The safety aspect of it actually protecting the lines was my 2nd reason lol. As anal as I was about things, I STILL had to argue for a corrected inspection during my first level 1 to get my CVSA stickers.
replyreply
(05-28-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  Find a NAPA, or do like I do, 100 ft rolls on Amazon, buy that stuff in bulk for pennies. I use that stuff everywhere, even in the house. Been through a few bulk rolls.

I should be starting my new gig this week, I'll let you know if you are interested.

looks like thats going on the to get list, swear you would think one of the shops would have but noop. so amazon it is lol.

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
(05-28-2019 )TruckerNick Wrote:  Your saying use electrical wire loom as a hose sheath right like for coolant hoses so they don't rub a leak from vibrating?

yeah pretty much, so i could only get my hands on 3/8 size so i did the major cables with single sheets n then zip tied them in place. it looks much cleaner now and it give its some protection against the environment and rubbing against metal.

I would have gone and used it on every cable and cleaned up the truck but i ran out of patience n sweat. i got 3 shades darker for 8 hrs while i was out side cleaning n working on the truck.

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(05-28-2019 )Evotrucker Wrote:  
(05-28-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  Find a NAPA, or do like I do, 100 ft rolls on Amazon, buy that stuff in bulk for pennies. I use that stuff everywhere, even in the house. Been through a few bulk rolls.

looks like thats going on the to get list, swear you would think one of the shops would have but noop. so amazon it is lol.

https://www.mcmaster.com/split-looms I picked up a few odd sizes from cheaper local sources when I ran short, and while it all serves its purpose, there is a difference in quality. Cheaper stuff tends to crease easier when installing and needs more zip ties to keep it from gapping on bends.
replyreply
05-29-2019, (Subject: Doing some preventative maintenance on my cm870 ) 
(05-28-2019 )Nostalgic Wrote:  ...
I picked up a few odd sizes from cheaper local sources when I ran short,

I get my split-loom and a lot of stuff you can't find on amazon off of zoro.com,.. they are owned by granger and they use that site to to sell their over-stock products to the public.
https://www.zoro.com/

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.