New job, at a Brokerage. So far, very happy.
05-28-2019, (Subject: New job, at a Brokerage. So far, very happy. ) 
New job, at a Brokerage. So far, very happy.
Giddy as a school girl!

Well, 6 months out of work, last company pulled the plug on Jan 1st... Owner retired, put son in charge, and he killed our US branch. I will not bore you with the rest...

Three of us hung together, and not with a rope, but to pool our knowledge to find a similar company and to make the same coin we are used to earning. I believe we found it.

We went through some real crap, but hung in there... So far, this looks REALLY GOOD.

I took the truck in today to get the signage on the doors, the ELD, etc...

My buddy has been at this new outfit for a few days, pulled in some very nice coin. Today, I spent the day at the office and was pretty much blown away at what I saw and heard, along with getting straight answers without hesitation.

I was also told, freight is seriously picking up... This is a Brokerage, not a trucking company, I trust their word on this.

When it was time to leave, the guy that hired me handed me some EFS checks... He told me that if anything happens to my truck mechanically, call him and he will authorize anything I need to get it running. He also told me if I need tires, go to So and So tire, and they will take care of me, big discount, just call him and it will be done. Of course I have to pay it back, but how many outfits do that? You got an issue, here is a check? Seriously? I have not even pulled a load yet.

Then he handed me the fuel card... NASTC... .40 to .60 off a gallon...

I went to the fuel stop, and the darn thing actually worked on the first try, LOL.

I believe I have found a home.

No escrow, brand new trailers, detention after an hour, loads are paid from the time of loading, etc. This is old school, and the contracts are there with a pretty sharp crew running the show. No drama. I'm PUMPED!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic , smorgan87
05-29-2019, (Subject: New job, at a Brokerage. So far, very happy. ) 
RE: New job, at a Brokerage. So far, very happy.
I use nastc mostly, Petro, ta, speedway, sundco,
Everywhere in the app that shows the price you is what I've paid. Sinclair has a $2 fee.
Nice online portal for ifta and generating reports with the emanager login.

User's Signature: Also known as Shotgun
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Im assuming you are running under your own authority since its a brokerage?

I'd love to do that...but I pull tanks. Kind of hard to get freight with a tanker unless you get a dedicated gig.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
(05-29-2019 )dhirocz Wrote:  Im assuming you are running under your own authority since its a brokerage?

I'd love to do that...but I pull tanks. Kind of hard to get freight with a tanker unless you get a dedicated gig.

No, leased on to them... I will let you guys know how it goes. Right now, I need to go smack my new fan clutch that is locked up to see if I can get her working, she is getting air, I think the sitting for 6 months has her gummed up. Do that, than load the truck and go make some money.
replyreply
yeah buddy! Glad to see you happy!

lol don't know any company who does that for o/o or people in general. Of course you gotta pay them back n with a lil interest but f$%k it. It's to get the truck back to making money!.

Do let us know how it goes after a month! :D

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
Hope it all works out for ya bud. Keep us updated.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.