Teaching 74bassman how to do an inframe
05-29-2019, (Subject: Teaching 74bassman how to do an inframe ) 
Teaching 74bassman how to do an inframe
Forum member '74bassman' is over for the next week or 2... I am teaching him how to inframe his truck that has 1 million miles on it. - He said it does not really show any signs of needing it badly, but he has the time to shut his truck down, wants to take a break, and go ahead and do the job/get it out of the way before his next round of trucking adventures.

Day1 (yesterday): He showed up here and i put him to work removing his hood, buimper, and some cosmetics while waiting for the engine to cool off. It is quite warm outside and he said he wanted to run get some supplies, so that is all that got done.

Today, here is where we are with it...

The goal for today is to get the oil out of it and prep it for a coolant pressure test with the pan off it. - He was not getting any coolant loss, but I like to do this test just to be safe and identify possible hazards before tearing into the engine.

Just though I would let others know what I am going to be up to these next couple weeks if they are curious. Hopefully it will go smoothly, his engine seems to be in decent shape so far, but a person never knows until they get into the meat of it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Techmech , redbeard , snailexpress , flatbed94kid , Tootall , JMBT , Sergiu , HES , quickrigs , Toolguy
RE: Teaching 74bassman how to do an inframe
Go get em Bassman! Will be praying for no rain, cool breeze and lots of sunshine!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Pd6cas2 , scottydogtruck
following!

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
(05-29-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  It is quite warm outside and he said he wanted to run get some supplies,

Keep the supplies in the fridge . Use them responsibly! Recycle!
It’s so nice to see humanity is not completely lost yet.

Rawze, your actions speak for you so highly.....
Saying thanks is simply not enough!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , marek4792 , snailexpress , Sergiu , HES , Toolguy
Subscribed

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
05-30-2019, (Subject: Teaching 74bassman how to do an inframe ) 
That A boy hope it all goes as planned props to RAWZE
replyreply
Pressure test revealed a pretty good external leak or 2, but the insides did not show any signs of coolant seepage.

some progress:
Well he got the head cleared of all its hanging fruit off both sides. I helped him pull the front structure out as well, using my big yard crane.

Tomorrow, maybe we will get the cams out of the head and start removing the head bolts.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Boy does that look familiar...
replyreply
Hey Waterloo, didn't you forget to order the green loctite and had to wait 2 or 3 days for it to come? Or were you just ordering stuff so you could check out the mail girl? I can't remember. ;)

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Techmech , Nostalgic , rrod

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.