Teaching 74bassman how to do an inframe
06-05-2019, (Subject: Teaching 74bassman how to do an inframe ) 
RE: Teaching 74bassman how to do an inframe
(06-05-2019 )JMBT Wrote:  ...
any chance you would turn loose of the plans for building that yard crane??

there was no plans. I just got some wood one day and built it up as I went along.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Evotrucker
06-09-2019, (Subject: Teaching 74bassman how to do an inframe ) 
UPDATE:

Waited on parts the 5th, and 6th. Had the brass wrist pin bushings in each of the piston rods replaced at a shop that Mr. hag had recommended.

Got rained out Friday(7th), and Saturday (8th).

Today, Sunday, it is thunder-storming. - Spending the day making stuff on my 3d printer, mostly just for fun.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Evotrucker
06-14-2019, (Subject: Teaching 74bassman how to do an inframe ) 
Monday (10th), tue(11th), not much got done. I think 74bassman was cleaning parts and doing things at his home, it rained a lot during those days too. Wednesday he spent some time cleaning up the block and got new main bearings installed.

Yesterday (13'th), I helped him install new liners, pistons, rod bearings, new cooling nozzles, anti-polish rings, head gasket, and head. - We torqued the head to 300 ft-lbs, so that it can sit over night and the head gasket crush before re-torquing it again in the morning. After that, We will turn the bolts another 90 degrees for the final head bolt settings.

./uploads/201906/post_2_1560504929_a84c656b350d9ac6f2bb54bf06d648b5.jpg

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , hhow55 , Evotrucker , Nostalgic , redbeard
Few questions.

New head or remachined?

New head bolts or reuse?

When putting in the piston rings do you have to orientate them in a certain way?

And the wrist pins, what does the shop do or have that you don't have at the house? I think of them as with a pin held in with a snap ring.

Also when it comes to the liners, you do yours different then most right, you use the gauges to measure how far they are tapped inside the chamber hole. Do some shade tree guys just feel it by hand to see if it is flush and call it good??

User's Signature: Also known as Shotgun
replyreply
(06-14-2019 )flatbed94kid Wrote:  Few questions.

New head or remachined?

New head bolts or reuse?

When putting in the piston rings do you have to orientate them in a certain way?

And the wrist pins, what does the shop do or have that you don't have at the house? I think of them as with a pin held in with a snap ring.

Also when it comes to the liners, you do yours different then most right, you use the gauges to measure how far they are tapped inside the chamber hole. Do some shade tree guys just feel it by hand to see if it is flush and call it good??

Watch Rawze's inframe video series on YouTube. All those questions are answered.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
06-26-2019, (Subject: Teaching 74bassman how to do an inframe ) 
as of today...

its mostly back together. primed it with oil, now going to do the overhead valve adjustments and put coolant in it before cranking it up.

He has been repairing a lot of worn out stuff, like leaky windshield washer hose, and a lot of other little things. Also some repairs to the frame where it was beginning to rust up.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , marek4792 , Volvo8873 , Toolguy
07-01-2019, (Subject: Teaching 74bassman how to do an inframe ) 
Truck got a test drive,.. had to come right back ... coolant and oil pouring like mad out of the bottom the engine passenger side front area...

I guess 74bassman forgot to tighten 2 bolts on the water pump housing base. The 2 that are behind the crank shaft damper.

-- Off comes the lower bumper, the hood, Out comes the front structure, belts and fan removed, etc.etc... got to them and tightened them up.

Did a double-up torque-wrench check on all the other bolts in the front end just to be safe, then all back together. Took an entire day, but otherwise no big deal, I helped him knock it out quickly.

-- Another test drive,.. then he heads home with it -- then a panic,.. as again,.. something pouring out under the truck in his drive-way -- the condensation from the A/C... Whew what a relief... LOL. - truck / engine runs smooth and beautiful,. like a new one.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , DosGatos , Volvo8873 , Magard , JMBT , Toolguy
(06-14-2019 )flatbed94kid Wrote:  Few questions.

New head or remachined?

New head bolts or reuse?

Like mention before watch rawze video. Also create you an account with quick serve and read up on there it will break entire engine down and give all needed info... Id do that first then watch his video.....
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , JMBT
Front structure is off but the air compressor and crank hub is still on. I never would have guessed you could do that.

I want to do mine in something like por-15 red.

How much does a rebush cost on those rods out of curiosity? I thought that cummins was the only game in town on ISX rods. Is that typically the only process involved, or is resizing and bolt replacement, etc on the table for them too?

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.