Fan clutch stuck? The tool I used to fix.
05-30-2019, (Subject: Fan clutch stuck? The tool I used to fix. ) 
RE: Fan clutch stuck? The tool I used to fix.
(05-30-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Are the clutch disc's in the back replaceable? If it's like the old keyser hubs, you can easily pull the clutch disc out and give it a real light sanding to get the pieces of steel that embedded in it smoth again. This has kept mine from sticking for quite some time. Also, if it is held in by plates and 5\16th or 8mm head bolts, you can loosen these up real quick, give a tap or a spin of the fan to free it, then tighten everything back down.

Front view (side that faces the radiator)

Back view (with clutch plates and 5\16 or 8mm head bolts)

The actual clutch disc behind the plates that gets metal and steel and rust that you can lightly sand

Also, many of these kinds of hubs are called extended duty hubs. Because if your clutch is worn down to where it wont grip anymore, you can sinply flip the clutch plates and bolt them back on. They will push the clutch disc in even further and give you much more use out of it.

This isn't the 1 Waterloo has but I'm curious if the clutch is held in the same way. Instead of guys rapping on the hub housing and potentially breaking it, simply loosening bolts and freeing it up would be a safer recommendation.

I don't know if you can flip the plates, but I do know there is a rebuild kit available through FleetPride for my particular clutch. I just did not want to go there, as that would entail taking the darn thing off, and I need to get this truck into service this week, LOL! I'm McTurtle when it comes to mechanics, LOL!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fan clutch stuck? The tool I used to fix. - Waterloo - 05-30-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.