Fan clutch stuck? The tool I used to fix.
06-02-2019, (Subject: Fan clutch stuck? The tool I used to fix. ) 
RE: Fan clutch stuck? The tool I used to fix.
(05-30-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  
(05-29-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  I know more than a few of you know how to do this. This is my first time, and thankfully it worked. Just being long winded for the guys like myself that have read about using air to release a stuck fan clutch, have no clue on how, but want to know how

crank truck, let air build up to 120- psi or so.

turn off truck, then turn key back on so that fan clutch has 120psi air pressure on it.

smack the side of the clutch with a hammer.

-- Although your method of applying air externally works, that same amount of air pressure (or roughly about 120-psi or so) is also applied if you simply turn on the key in the dash after the engine has stopped and the air is built up all the way.

That adapter is however handy for releasing parking brakes when you want to remove drums and work on brakes/hubs without having to build up the air. I use this compressor,..

https://amzn.to/2HKif9M

it is one of the more handy things that I have purchased for my truck and an adapter like you made for such things.

It is like one of those little car tire compressors, but on steroids and very well built.

IF you have a CAT they will not disengage the fan clutch until 30 seconds after they sense RPM. So, unless you have CAT ET to send a command to disengage the fan with the engine off you will have to use Waterloo's method.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fan clutch stuck? The tool I used to fix. - 389driver - 06-02-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.