Freightliner Transmission Repair
05-31-2019, (Subject: Freightliner Transmission Repair ) 
Freightliner Transmission Repair
Recently changed transmission from an Eaton lighting FRLO to standard FRO 10 speed.
Now our ELD connects to our phone but will not automatically change to show driving after reaching 5 mph. We need to do it annually and don't know why. FTL dealer checked pins at
diagnostic connector, voltage in and ground and said all ok. Speedo & odometer read correctly.
Tried spare ELD, same results. Any ideas?
replyreply
RE: Freightliner Transmission Repair
So you can move in the truck stop parking lot without tripping the damn thing I call that a win

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: flatbed94kid , Techmech , fargonaz , Waterloo , rrod
Issue is that December 31 it updates and you can no longer manually go to the drive line...not sure of it matters but did you change the transmission in the ECM to reflect the change? There has to be a commumication error between the trans and ecm or the ECM and body controller. The lightning was an autoshift if I remember correctly...the addressing to the body controller is probably wrong...something simple to fix i am sure.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
06-01-2019, (Subject: Freightliner Transmission Repair ) 
guess i didnt know that part about no more manual. is it going to auto take you out under 5mph if not its a damn joke.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
06-02-2019, (Subject: Freightliner Transmission Repair ) 
My understanding is it is going to be 5 mph or 200 ft. Isn't going to all for idling through the parking lot anymore.
replyreply
06-02-2019, (Subject: Freightliner Transmission Repair ) 
guess ill have to set gps settings on tablet to low and put a switch on vss for idling upto the pumps. i have no problem with this elog stuff but not being able to stay outa drive without kicking it into drive to make a quick move is downright dumb.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.