Cm871 vgt issues.......... No install and calibration
05-31-2019, (Subject: Cm871 vgt issues.......... No install and calibration ) 
Cm871 vgt issues.......... No install and calibration
Acutator won't install nor calibrate....... getting 0 faults when I unplugged the acutator....and its not vgt deleted
replyreply
RE: Cm871 vgt issues.......... No install and calibration
Is it deleted at all? And by whom?
replyreply
It's was deleted by someone overseas....tried a different delete ecm that's working fine on another truck on it and it's the same problem
replyreply
(05-31-2019 )wellrun Wrote:  It's was deleted by someone overseas....tried a different delete ecm that's working fine on another truck on it and it's the same problem
That snds like the problem right there. But some versions of insite that are uhmm not quite Cummins approved get glitchy doing the actuator install procedure too.
replyreply
Tried another ecm n same problem
replyreply
06-01-2019, (Subject: Cm871 vgt issues.......... No install and calibration ) 
Sounds like your Insite isnt communicating properly. What version are you using?
replyreply
I would say back up the bad delete program it has in it using C%^term (c a l t e r m), so you have a copy of it then flash the ECM back to factory stock programming that belongs to that engine's specific ser#,.. and try to calibrate turbo agian. At least make sure it is not bad de-mandate programming holding you up.

If it will not calibrate with good ecm and factory programming, then the turbo actuator itself may be in a hung state or missing its software. Sometimes actuators are sold that are missing their internal software.

I believe Unilevers has mentioned this on here before: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid31109

-- I have not seen/come across an actuator needing its base software re-installed yet, but I have seen on occasion, one that Insite 7.6.2 will not calibrate because it was in a "hung state" after a failed calibration whenever there was a power glitch/surge in the truck of some sort. Bad battery/ground connections in the truck can cause the turbo actuator to end up in this hung-up, non-responsive state, seen that a few times already.

There is a J1939 command that will get it out of this state and force it to calibrate even in this hug state. The turbo test/calibration box I built for myself by hand will fix this sort of hung-up, dead-stick, refusing-to-calibrate condition. I show that box in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR5UNit_H4Y

here is also a screen-shot from that box I made of the raw J1939 command that forces it out of that state. - The actuator has to be mounted to the top of the turbo with the tiny dot on the end of the actuator gear facing just shy of the '270-degree' position + the turbo arm/gear itself sitting in its install position when placing it. The actuator needs to be mounted to the top of the turbo so that it can see the hard.stops of the turbo. After it is in position and bolted down, the command shown in picture below can be issued and it will force the actuator out of its hung state + tell it to calibrate to the turbo even if it does not want to.

If memory serves me right, the older Insite 7.5 (or maybe 7.3) would issue this command if someone chose the second calibration forcefully, ... but Insite 7.6 will definitely not allow you to do this. - It has been so long, I don't remember, but I do know there was older version of insite pre-7.6.x that would do this forceful 2'nd command without requiring the off-turbo calibration first.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Techmech
7.6...ive done many calibrations before
replyreply
06-03-2019, (Subject: Cm871 vgt issues.......... No install and calibration ) 
Bad actuator it was guys... thanks alot
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.