Insite question/ Zappit
06-03-2019, (Subject: Insite question/ Zappit ) 
Insite question/ Zappit
With Insite Pro Version 8.?.? Could someone tell me what the likelihood or of a scenario where I would require Zappit or password delete..

Is Zappit a must have when acquiring?
replyreply
RE: Insite question/ Zappit
What the hell is zappit?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(06-03-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  What the hell is zappit?

if you don't know your ECM password, zappit will erase it. - It is an optional feature of Insite versions 7.x and higher..

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Hmmmm... So, I may need it when I go to connect....

I'll have to locate version that includes it.. Especially with my luck...
replyreply
I've never had to put in a password to get into an ECM what am I missing here?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
Most company trucks had passwords on the computer so they couldn't be fooled with by drivers out on the road. Usually the password is removed when they go up for sale and the original programming is put back in the truck because most big companies have their own special programs they use. When I worked at Crete when they move the trucks from 62 to 65 they also had to download a new fuel map into the trucks which made the process of upping the speed go from a 10-minute job to an hour plus as they had to get the ECM password from corporate

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Techmech
06-04-2019, (Subject: Insite question/ Zappit ) 
As with most big carriers, their password was either 0000, 1111 or the last digits of the VIN. I've had some experience with their trucks. ;-P
replyreply
(06-03-2019 )rtayl328 Wrote:  With Insite Pro Version 8.?.? Could someone tell me what the likelihood or of a scenario where I would require Zappit or password delete..

Is Zappit a must have when acquiring?

If you are using a paid version from cummins you may reach out to the to see if you can buy some.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Just like Mr.Hagg said if you have original paid version you can get it from cummins and they are about $90+ each. Usually the password is 6 digits. 0000 1111 is usually some simple parameter change not ECM passwords
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.