Belt Tensioner
06-04-2019, (Subject: Belt Tensioner ) 
Belt Tensioner
On two of my 2350s , the threads in the bracket that holds the air conditioning Belt tensioner wants to strip out. What is a fix?Drill it out and put a longer bolt in with a lock nut.
replyreply
RE: Belt Tensioner
Drill it out and put in helicoils is an option also. Just don't go too deep.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Drill it and cut new threads
replyreply
(06-04-2019 )Mike21625 Wrote:  On two of my 2350s , the threads in the bracket that holds the air conditioning Belt tensioner wants to strip out. What is a fix?Drill it out and put a longer bolt in with a lock nut.

heli-coil them. - always use a torque wrench w/proper torque setting and they won't strip out.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Ok ,Thanks, We fixed them today. Found a company that has the same type of bolt only a 1 inch longer. Put the bolt in and put a flat washer,lock washer and nut on the backside. Seems to work fine.
replyreply
06-05-2019, (Subject: Belt Tensioner ) 
(06-04-2019 )Mike21625 Wrote:  Ok ,Thanks, We fixed them today. Found a company that has the same type of bolt only a 1 inch longer. Put the bolt in and put a flat washer,lock washer and nut on the backside. Seems to work fine.

Hopefully it will not let go. If it does, it could take out the fan, radiator, and a lot of other damage.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mike21625

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.