fan problem
06-12-2019, (Subject: fan problem ) 
fan problem
I've bought a truck from auction and so far I've discovered these problems.

Pererbilt 2015 , 415k miles. Cummins ISX15 CM2350

Fan runs fast speed constantly I unplugged air tube going to fan and wires but no change

Low horse power
low fuel/ miles +/- 5

SPN 101,,FMI 2,3,4, crank case pressure but it has a maintenance free filter
SPN 520197 FMI 5. unidentified.
replyreply
RE: fan problem
(Removed most of my statement as for some reason in my head what i read was way different then what it says in post above)

If its not the sensor and does have alot of blowby carbon packing could be an issue.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Crankcase pressure....I'm thinking water or condensation in the plug. It is complaining the reading is erratic as well as voltage above AND below normal not high pressure. Take off the oil fill cap and see if it is lightly puffing or looks like a old train smoke stack.

The fan hub is most likely stuck. usually a few good hard smacks with a hammer with the key on and engine off will free it up. Just make sure the air pressure is at 120 or better.

the 520197 is a body controller code specific to the manufacturer.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
520197 - CGI Absolute Pressure FMI 5 - Current Below normal.

whatever Clean Gas Induction is.

I beleive most SPNs and FMIs are standardized so heres a couple lists

http://felixequipment.com/Documents/Fail...-Codes.pdf
http://felixequipment.com/Documents/Susp...-Codes.pdf

so take your SPN number then go find the FMI and there you go.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
06-13-2019, (Subject: fan problem ) 
(06-12-2019 )alborz Wrote:  I've bought a truck from auction and so far I've discovered these problems.

Pererbilt 2015 , 415k miles. Cummins ISX15 CM2350....

Seriously, I glanced at this thread earlier, saw only the first 2 lines, and almost pi$$ed myself! lol.... Immediate thought was 'wonder how many others would agree that the cm2350 is the problem'
replyreply
lol. well there are 3 problems in that 2nd line if its a 389/its due for fuel pump rebuild/and its a carbon eating, super hot restictrive "muffler", cow piss burning 2350.

"Not a fan of 389/379 not that sexy to me and not worth a penny more than any other truck" its hard to love a truck that every Tom, Dick, Mo, Larry, Curly has and think they need to be heard for 4 miles when they turn on the engine brake." :<

replyreply
(06-13-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  ..
"Not a fan of 389/379 not that sexy to me and not worth a penny more than any other truck" its hard to love a truck that every Tom, Dick, Mo, Larry, Curly has and think they need to be heard for 4 miles when they turn on the engine brake." :<

I think all square nose trucks belong in a museum as a relic of "that time when fuel was so cheap you could buy it for less than water", and have no other purpose. - it slays me to see one going 75+ mph, and a dry-van or reefer trailer behind it, and the guy driving it like a mad-man through traffic,.. All i can think of is how they are funding these guys...

./uploads/201906/post_2_1560428686_e687263c65d03933f71b86c391963469.jpg

My thoughts always lead me to want to tell them to go take a vacation there --- enjoy the view,.. your funding it!!!.

-- but if someone comes on my forum, bragging about all your chrome, power, and/or those square noses, I will kick them off here in a hurry!. Sorry, but I don't promote, nor will allowed promoted on this forum, that style of ego-boosting, idiots trucking!.

The only rare exceptions to owning one of those kinds of trucks that I can see, is if you need something that is mostly off-roads, and in the woods somewhere, or a quarry,.. is severely over-loaded to justify that huge radiator and front end for extreme air-flow cooling, or for some other extreme operations that a more modern truck (that is vastly more profitable) simply will not do. - Some people do have a use for them,.. but it certainly is not the norm,..and certainly is not for the average freight-hauling trucking operation.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: HES
They don’t even cool very well.
replyreply
06-23-2019, (Subject: fan problem ) 
"They don’t even cool very well". x2... mine cools a bit(w900l) but i do go to a bunch of job sites that you better have some ground clearance and have seen some trucks lose skirts and stuff at some places...

User's Signature: hard to go 60 mph when the winds blowing 65+ in WY
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.