Turning my authority back on...
06-14-2019, (Subject: Turning my authority back on... ) 
RE: Turning my authority back on...
(06-14-2019 )Explosia Wrote:  Idk about getting set up to run the boards, the rates are insulting, boarder line criminal. .80-.90 out of Portland this week, I left at $1.46. There are some good lanes out there, but it’s rough staying in them. I’m currently going through the app process with landstar. NEVER, EVER dreamed I would go to landstar, but I don’t see things getting better for the next year, and I need to go somewhere with contract rates.

For you guys who have been at landstar, is this a mistake?

I was hired in at Landstar, I can still go there, but honestly have no desire with their crazy fee and percentage rates. I was talking to a Landstar guy the other night at the TA in Tekonsha MI. He was hauling oversize, great money, but in the end after grilling him, not so great. That is one thing about Landstar, and I have hauled their freight in the past, it is almost a cult thing. When you really drill down, there is not anything that great about them, the AMWAY of trucking.

I would rather take my chances with power only, but in my position, truck is still free and clear, getting great fuel mileage, finally. And, I just signed up with NASTC for that .30 to .60 off a gallon fuel card. $300 annual fee and BIG savings. Heck, this week I did a RT from Detroit to KC and a local run, still have just under 1/2 a tank on roughly $400 of fuel. Normally, my fuel bill would have been at least $1000 for the week and I would need too refuel. So, I factor in those savings, and running power only does not look that bad.

Or, I'll go grab a trailer, problem with that is I have no place to park... Will try the power only and see how it goes. I think it will work out.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Explosia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Turning my authority back on... - Waterloo - 06-14-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.