Turning my authority back on...
06-14-2019, (Subject: Turning my authority back on... ) 
Turning my authority back on...
I thought I found another great company to lease on with, nope, total bust. Too many chiefs, no communication and cowardly Indians. And one bitch running roughshod over everyone.

The money is there, that is for sure, but the stress is not worth it. The three of us that went there, me and Charlie are having clashes with dispatch. We do not require a babysitter, and do not appreciate having them lie about us. Yes, it is that bad. I don't know about Steve, he seems to have avoided issues, but he has not worked as much as me or Charlie either. I'm on my third week out here on the road, going home today to soak my head. Appointment Monday with the VA, so I have an excuse, LOL! Been biting my tongue around here to keep the good freight coming.

I called OOIDA yesterday, they are setting everything up, reinstating my old numbers and setting up the cargo and liability. I just need to get my IFTA handled, which will be the longest wait time wise, authority should be reinstated in less than ten days. I'll keep working here to build some bank and may go power only to start, undecided as of yet.

Don't laugh, I called uncle JB, they have a power only set up for independents. My buddy Charlie used to do it, said it was good money, not great, but enough to get a guy rolling with his own trailer in short order. The guy I spoke with at JB asked about my DOT number, if a new one, he couldn't help me until I had a few months under my belt. He looked me up in the system, I'm good to go, ten minute sign up and I can go grab one of their trailers and hit the road. Pay is percentage, 72%, loads are anywhere from high $2 to .10 He told me I'm in the high $2 area, and to stay up North, which is my intention. I pick the loads off of their board, something I have done in the past without issue.

Or, I will call my trailer guy, may just go lease one and be done with it and hit the road. Need to run some numbers...

Thank God and Rawze, this truck is running like it never has, fuel mileage on paper from the high 7's up to low 9's. This is why I am going to go this route, the truck, knock on wood, is running fantastically and is in good shape.

I already have fuel cards, Speedway, so I am good there. But, I did just send in that $300 to get onboard with that NASTC FleetOne card. I like those discounts.

Will sign up with Love's and factor through them, they seem to have one heck of a program, my buddy is using them right now. Rates are low, and many discounts on fuel and other shop needs along with tires, even free road service, money is in the bank in 24 hours or less.

Bottom line, this sucks, not something I wanted to do, but I think the right thing to do for my health and sanity. What is wrong with folks these days? I was so pumped here my first week, and then they kicked the wind right out of my sails. Sad thing is, they know what the problem is, who she is, and they do nothing. Me and Charlie are thinking she is related to someone in the office. Charlie is leaving eventually, turning his authority back on too. My turn to be the guinea pig.

Funny thing too, I was speaking with the insurance gal at OOIDA, she said I am not alone, these trucking companies are hiring some real losers to dispatch these owner operators. Granted, not everyone should own a truck, but the way me and Charlie have been treated here is pretty sad. You just have to point us, and we go. We do not require 24/7 supervision nor appreciate being spoken too like a child. Between the two of us, we have darn near 60 issue free years out here, is it too much to ask to be treated accordingly? I guess it is.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rrod , Volvo8873
RE: Turning my authority back on...
I talked to a guy that does JB hunt power only for the last 4 5ish years and never had a problem with it ever himself. He loves doing it he said and likes that he actually get his money for he worked for.

I do power only myself (Menards) and never had a problem with it. I just do the load they give me, go home at night and I get PAID every week!!!! Home every night to be with my 3 women (wife and 2 daughters)

They just jacked rates up last year and now every O/O in the area wants to pull out of here. Problem is... Every one of these new O/O getting into it do not know shyt! and do not research a little bit. I am helping out a friend get things going for the last few weeks.

He does not have a fvcking clue about anything... A true steering wheel holder!!! Lets just say that he did no know what a log book or IFTA even was... or still does! I could go on and on. I actually started getting straight forward and extremely serious with him. Basically told him that if does not take any advice seriously from me then hit the highway and do not ask anymore. It is sad... but I also do not give a damn!

and with him being a friend that does not matter. I remember years and years ago I was having an issues with a buddy of mine that I was telling my dad about. I told the whole situation and he only told me one thing.. He said “Friends will come and friends will go... but the bullshyt will always stick around”

LOL sorry waterloo. I am having a giant cup of coffee and getting unloaded right now. Figured I would rant and tell a off kilter story...

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Idk about getting set up to run the boards, the rates are insulting, boarder line criminal. .80-.90 out of Portland this week, I left at $1.46. There are some good lanes out there, but it’s rough staying in them. I’m currently going through the app process with landstar. NEVER, EVER dreamed I would go to landstar, but I don’t see things getting better for the next year, and I need to go somewhere with contract rates.

For you guys who have been at landstar, is this a mistake?
replyreply
(06-14-2019 )Volvo8873 Wrote:  I talked to a guy that does JB hunt power only for the last 4 5ish years and never had a problem with it ever himself. He loves doing it he said and likes that he actually get his money for he worked for.

I do power only myself (Menards) and never had a problem with it. I just do the load they give me, go home at night and I get PAID every week!!!! Home every night to be with my 3 women (wife and 2 daughters)

They just jacked rates up last year and now every O/O in the area wants to pull out of here. Problem is... Every one of these new O/O getting into it do not know shyt! and do not research a little bit. I am helping out a friend get things going for the last few weeks.

He does not have a fvcking clue about anything... A true steering wheel holder!!! Lets just say that he did no know what a log book or IFTA even was... or still does! I could go on and on. I actually started getting straight forward and extremely serious with him. Basically told him that if does not take any advice seriously from me then hit the highway and do not ask anymore. It is sad... but I also do not give a damn!

and with him being a friend that does not matter. I remember years and years ago I was having an issues with a buddy of mine that I was telling my dad about. I told the whole situation and he only told me one thing.. He said “Friends will come and friends will go... but the bullshyt will always stick around”

LOL sorry waterloo. I am having a giant cup of coffee and getting unloaded right now. Figured I would rant and tell a off kilter story...

Thank you for the rant! Good to know I am not alone out here. I figure this power only may be a good thing, and I forgot about Menards, that is something to look in too...

This outfit totally busted my nuts. Sad, they have a great thing going. But, they would rather hire guys that like to move bridges with THEIR trailers. Seriously, and they kept this owner operator. Following the GPS on his Omnitrack ELD. How the hell do you do that? $6000 damage to the trailer.

And the trailers. red flags everywhere... The first three trailers, all within 3 years old, would have been put out of service by the DOT for stupid stuff. Seriously! I could not believe how the owner operators here cannot see that a tire is flat, leaking cracked hubs, or that the DOT on the trailer is a year out of date. Steering wheel holders that own trucks.

And IFTA, I did not even go there, as the guys running the show are doing it all wrong. 20 trucks, and even the owner of the company has no clue, over charging the lease ops and overpaying IFTA, just f'n STUPID! Can't make this sheet up.

My first red flag was when I brought the tractor in for signage, and they told me to stay in the garage... I put that one in my pocket. My pocket is now full.

I called in this morning at 0630, told the owner I was going to the house. Asked if I should keep the trailer or drop it at their yard. He said drop it, and then asked if I was coming back... They know, and I know they know. I will stick it out for a few weeks until everything is set, should have my authority by the end of the month and then head over to JB and grab that first trailer and go make some money honey. Tired of the BS.
replyreply
(06-14-2019 )Explosia Wrote:  Idk about getting set up to run the boards, the rates are insulting, boarder line criminal. .80-.90 out of Portland this week, I left at $1.46. There are some good lanes out there, but it’s rough staying in them. I’m currently going through the app process with landstar. NEVER, EVER dreamed I would go to landstar, but I don’t see things getting better for the next year, and I need to go somewhere with contract rates.

For you guys who have been at landstar, is this a mistake?

I was hired in at Landstar, I can still go there, but honestly have no desire with their crazy fee and percentage rates. I was talking to a Landstar guy the other night at the TA in Tekonsha MI. He was hauling oversize, great money, but in the end after grilling him, not so great. That is one thing about Landstar, and I have hauled their freight in the past, it is almost a cult thing. When you really drill down, there is not anything that great about them, the AMWAY of trucking.

I would rather take my chances with power only, but in my position, truck is still free and clear, getting great fuel mileage, finally. And, I just signed up with NASTC for that .30 to .60 off a gallon fuel card. $300 annual fee and BIG savings. Heck, this week I did a RT from Detroit to KC and a local run, still have just under 1/2 a tank on roughly $400 of fuel. Normally, my fuel bill would have been at least $1000 for the week and I would need too refuel. So, I factor in those savings, and running power only does not look that bad.

Or, I'll go grab a trailer, problem with that is I have no place to park... Will try the power only and see how it goes. I think it will work out.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Explosia
Calling around for factoring... APEX Capital, 3% and a fuel card that knocked my socks off... I have done business with them in the past. So much of a savings, I have been trying to secure a trailer. My local Speedway, Whitmore Lake MI, $2.99 cash price, Apex fuel card, $2.28. TA, Dexter MI, $3.19 cash price, $2.40 a gallon.

Folks, that is a trailer payment +...

I wish these deals would have been around a few years ago... Yes, turning it back on.
replyreply
Are those prices without road tax or something.... that’s crazy cheap.
replyreply
(06-14-2019 )Magard Wrote:  Are those prices without road tax or something.... that’s crazy cheap.

That is the real at the time it comes out of your bank account price. Pump says $2.99 you pay $2.28... Give them a call. Seriously.
replyreply
I have been making phone calls, and discovering there are more trailers, loaded trailers, than trucks... I think I will hold off on a trailer purchase, because what I am finding is telling me to not waste the money.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.