Turning my authority back on...
06-15-2019, (Subject: Turning my authority back on... ) 
RE: Turning my authority back on...
(06-14-2019 )flatbed94kid Wrote:  Some boards are, dat, 123 load board, jb carrier 360, uber, convoy, Internet truc stop,

Then large carrier have their own like swift.

Just depends on the rates. How much is that 10 or whatever percent your paying?

your going to be paying for all the insurances,

Maybe your giving up the 3% to factor if you do. If not you will spend some on fuel on 30 days or 75 days or so.

So now your at the 100% or 97%. From 90, from 80, from 75, 65?

Main thing I see is your rate has to pay as you got more expenses. Insurance mainly is the biggie.

The Insurance has been my sticking point too. But, sitting when I can be working, and finding my own freight outweigh, and in the long run will negate, the insurance costs. I figure insurance will run roughly $1000 a month for cargo/liability and collision. I will keep my current bobtail insurance and go with OOIDA for the cargo. They have a pretty good handle on what I am looking to do with power only and their pricing seems reasonable. There are a few little add ons associated with power only that they can take care of that I had no clue on.

Remember too, no hidden fees that a carrier slaps you with, have your pay in 24 hours or less, if you want to work, there is work, and bobtailing to a trailer is quite a bit less expensive than dead heading with a trailer. And if you are out of town and without a trailer, easy parking, another benefit.

And I have been doing some more digging, Christmas is coming up, I found the UPS outfit that handles that seasonal rush, power only, and pays good. Starts in September. $$$ That is steady freight, 24/7 right up to Christmas Eve, I know where one of the yards are that handle the inbound trailers, not far from the house down in Toledo area.

Also found a local carrier that needs to move auto parts, power only. They pay around $2+ a mile, loads are light, trailers are new and all drop and hook. That is right in my wheel house.

I'm honestly surprised at what I am finding, and then we have the Mega Carriers, they too are looking for power only tractors. Just running the numbers, and low balling them, I think there is something here.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Turning my authority back on... - Waterloo - 06-15-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.