Turning my authority back on...
06-16-2019, (Subject: Turning my authority back on... ) 
RE: Turning my authority back on...
(06-15-2019 )Nostalgic Wrote:  Waterloo, you're making me feel extremely blessed to have found the company I leased on with. I originally planned on my own authority, but honestly, I despise paperwork - more specifically, paperwork that has to be done just in order to pay taxes. The % I give up is well worth it in my opinion and settlements are in my account 2 weeks after I mail in my weekly pods without giving up any of the freedom to do what I want.

I found out that Truckstop Pro is pretty much a necessity - I tried the cheaper platform(s) first, but to see credit score and live data, it's worth it to pay the extra, and DAT has given me a few nuggets when I put myself in dead areas. If you're doing van, you'll probably find the opposite to be the case.

I have a newfound respect for good dispatchers - it's a lot of work to keep the $ ball rolling while looking ahead a week and dealing with the daily setbacks. So far, my biggest challenge has been keeping the trailer loaded over the weekends.

I miss my old company that I was leased too... This new outfit has the freight, but all of the drama in the past two weeks was enough for me. And then the lying, that does not play well with me at all. The 2330 wake up call was the last straw with the forced dispatch. Going to VA Hospital tomorrow for an appointment, I don't know if I am going back. OOIDA has everything started, should get the final numbers tomorrow to turn it all back on and get me rolling. Found an ELD today, have that all ready to go. Just need my DOT and MC numbers reinstated to get the IFTA and start registering with the brokers and what not. I'm ready to go.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic

Messages In This Thread
RE: Turning my authority back on... - Waterloo - 06-16-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.