Turning my authority back on...
07-19-2019, (Subject: Turning my authority back on... ) 
RE: Turning my authority back on...
Well, first week out here, only one issue, but not a biggie, shipper over loaded me, would not remove one skid, wasted an entire 24 hour day, that was with JB... They did pay me though, $150... JB dispatch was useless in this situation. I took the loaded trailer to their yard in town and dropped it, after sitting at the shipper for eleven hours!

Anyhow, that was enough of JB, so I bounced over to Amazon. JB is so so at best, nowhere near the freight volume or polish that Amazon possesses. Freight from both has been over $2 a mile, consistently, but... Amazon pays full rate, (JB takes a cut) ALL loads are light, they have their stuff together, very quick turnarounds, and NO grief. Amazon actually knows what they are doing, JB, not so much.

Then Amazon's load app, it is fantastic, where JB is still in beta testing. Access with JB was spotty at best, sometimes it would work, most of the time it did not. Nothing to write home about, and getting someone on the phone was ridiculous! JB wants you to email, which takes even longer. Amazon wins the app and dispatch award, you would think JB would shine in that area? Not even in the same ball park as Amazon. JB has a lot of work to do, A LOT of work to do.

Amazon, finding loads has been a breeze on the laptop... I'm sitting in Memphis TN, going around the corner in a bit to grab an empty trailer and run up to Louisville, then back with a loaded trailer. Pay is over $2 a mile, drop and hook on both ends.

They give plenty of time, no rush, I am really enjoying this power only trucking, so nice. Using little fuel too, I have only spent $900 this week, fueled last Friday, seven days ago, and am sitting here with two full tanks, I only carry 180 gallons. Love these discount fuel cards too, saving up to .40+ a gallon... Net is already over $3000, I started Monday, and I still have two more days in my week, should be 4 net+ by Sunday. So happy I turned the authority back on. My one buddy has been sitting all week, and dead heading only to sit some more... No freight they tell him?

Me, I'm just bee bopping around and kind of having fun. And I can park anywhere! LOL
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Rawze , snailexpress

Messages In This Thread
RE: Turning my authority back on... - Waterloo - 07-19-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.