Timing
06-19-2019, (Subject: Timing ) 
RE: Timing
mine doesn't tell me to turn the key off it just says the download is complete and press okay and then it reconnects to the ECM

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
(06-19-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  mine doesn't tell me to turn the key off it just says the download is complete and press okay and then it reconnects to the ECM

Mine doednt either but Before you hit ok turn the key off for a couple seconds too reset the ecm it puts the error codes too inactive status so you dont have too look at the light. It's the same idea as when insite askes you to turn the key off for 30seconds when making changes
replyreply
(06-19-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  ...
Overhaul was done by International in Mankato, MN before i purchased so lets just say i dont trust their work...

for all you know you could have the wrong parts in your engine. You need to get an accurate and detailed copy of the bill of materials for that thing from whoever did that work.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Magard
LMAO!

Sad, and could be true. Been there, done that!
replyreply
Like a broken record repeating itself,.. '

make an appointment with Mr. hags and plan on spending a couple days. At the very least, have him re-pin the engine and set the cam in it to the proper alignment instead of guessing and trying to bandaide against shotty workmanship. Test drive it and solve its problems properly once in for all.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
all the parts should be correct according to quickserve part numbers and part numbers on the invoice for the overhaul.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
06-20-2019, (Subject: Timing ) 
I don’t know if I would trust what some dealer put in quickserve. You know there gonna cover there ass.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
no i mean i checked quickserve then looked at part numbers on invoice and all match ;p so unless they were billing the previous owns for the wrong items it should be ok.

replyreply
(06-20-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  no i mean i checked quickserve then looked at part numbers on invoice and all match ;p so unless they were billing the previous owns for the wrong items it should be ok.

In my case, they put the part numbers on the invoice for the parts they put in, the 2250/2350 parts in my CM-871... That does not mean they installed things properly, my front end gear train was ready to blow apart, the one cam gear, the scissor gear, only had a few more miles on her before she blew apart. No Loc-Tite, from the looks of things, was used on the cam gear assembly. Gears had jumped some teeth. Very sloppy. And it is very clear in Quickserve on the proper way to install these cam gears using Loc-Tite 609.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.