Gone out of Business
06-18-2019, (Subject: Gone out of Business ) 
Gone out of Business
Hello Everyone,
The last 6 mo. of low rates and tariff wars has forced me to shut down. Any advice on where and how I can sell my equipment would be appreciated. ( I own everything outright.)

2011 Int'l prostar, CM871 engine ( never rebuilt yet) *NEEDS TURBO* 906878 miles.( used knight equipment acquired at 481,000 mi's) owned it for 4 yrs, kept up with the maintenance. Sleeper, lots of extra parts ( belts,hoses, pulleys,new antidrainback valve (never installed)etc...

2006 wabash dry van ( used knight equip) blown over by the wind but has been repaired. 50% of the roof replaced, and 1 plate on the passenger side- replaced. alignment perfect, tires good, spring suspension ( not airride )

2010 wabash dry van. This one purchased from xtra lease 1 month ago for 19076.00 so I need to sell it for that much. Approx. 97,000 mi's on the hubdometer.*YES AIRRIDE* new shocks and brakes. air foil solid, trailer very solid, Tires great!

Any help appreciated. location- hesperia, Ca. phone {pm for number}
replyreply
06-18-2019, (Subject: Gone out of Business ) 
RE: Gone out of Business
Move to Arizona, my buddy Jim did because CA really stank, his words, not mine. He said he had to get out or he was going to go broke. Now, he is doing quite well, just spoke to him yesterday. Has his own authority and dry van, has a young lady dispatching him, equipment is paid for. He has no complaints about a lack of freight, rates may be a bit off, but not that bad. He is still making a nice profit. I know he just paid cash for a nice 35 foot diesel pusher motor home and has money in the bank. He runs I-10 back and forth from Phoenix to CA, quite a bit of Amazon going both ways and other big box retailers.

Where to sell? Truck Paper or post on CraigsList. No clue on that trailer, seems a bit high at $19,000+. Someone here may be interested in the tractor, but if it hasn't been in framed, expect to take a hit on it, because it is in frame time, especially with a bad turbo.

So what happened? Rates out here seem fine, my buddy in Phoenix has been doing pretty good with his dry van. Me, I'm just getting soaked by a carrier, but like I said, the rates I am seeing look pretty darn good, and I'm in Big 3 country which is supposed to be suffering from tariffs which I do not buy. I haven't seen their effect here. What I have seen is everyone and his brother getting into trucking and driving "some" rates down due to stupidity. This happens every time the economy is doing good, never fails, you can set your watch by it. Let's get a truck and get rich, LOL! I figure it should get better by the end of the year as more guys close their doors. I see many of them out here with those $4500 truck payments, they never last long, especially with the cutthroat nature of this business.

Many are blaming rates, the company I am with is just incompetent with very good rates. Night crew and day crew do not communicate and the gal running nights pisses most all of the drivers off. So much so I came home this past Thursday night, and said, "Self, I have had enough of these idiots, time to fire up the old DOT number". Friday morning, I had OOIDA on the phone and started the insurance process. Did my own filings as it is quicker for me to do it then pay someone else. Saved over $200 doing it myself. Most all of the filings are free, and easily accomplished on the internet.

I should be ready to roll by the end of this week. Authority to operate in less than a week, yes she pissed me off! Insurance will be filed tomorrow morning with the FMSCA. I may have IFTA permit by Friday if the gal I spoke with comes through. Need to call Mark my sign guy for the door signage and numbers. Almost ready to roll!

Sorry to hear of your plight, good luck to you.
replyreply
06-19-2019, (Subject: Gone out of Business ) 
SO WHAT HAPPENED? LOT'S! Thanks for taking the time to respond. You often do and I appreciate that.

It started back in december 2018 when I blew out my back and was couch ridden for 2 months. Then I discovered those massage chairs at the TA, sat down in one, it glitched and moved a roller up my back. I was like "holy crap". So I treated it like a cheap whore, fed it a dollar, and went for a ride. Whatever pinched nerve I had, got pushed back into place and I've been fine ever since.

But by then the slow season kicked in, rates dropped and hadn't recover till last week.

You see, I have always ran under my own authority. I like the freedom that comes with it. But I pull a Dry Van trailer which isn't always the highest paying freight. Then I lost the 2nd turbo in 14 mos. The 1st turbo was april 2018 ( turbo and actuator $6100.00 from international, San Antonio)
I was Okay with it because I figured I was buying a part that should have lasted half a million miles. Plus a one year warranty. But 14 mos later, it failed ( just the turbo,which is stuck at one speed. Actuator is still good) any how. Int'l in arlington Texas wanted $6400.00 for a new one. That knocked the wind out of me. Couple that with the fact that my cm871 was manufactured in 2009, has 906878 mi's and is subjected to Ca's carb emission rule that forces me to get rid of it by 2023. So a rebuild on the engine is not feasible. Can't move to arizona like you suggested because I have 2 kids in CA. So the only other option I'm toying with is dropping a new engine in. But it would have to be an upgrade. Cummins doesnt manufacture cm 871 anymore. upgrade to something newer now you have to change the wiring harness, add def, etc.etc. So what to do? I'll figure something out.:angel:
replyreply
06-19-2019, (Subject: Gone out of Business ) 
Well, there is the turbo shop in Griffin GA. YTS (I think that is the name) I run one, $1300 with core. 1 year warranty, and he will ship. So much better quality than Cummins. Been through two slobbering puking Cummins turbos already. Knock on wood this YTS turbo has been first class. I’ll see if I can find the number, Mr Hagg has used them for a few years without issues.

Here is their number +1 787-675-1768

Google YTS turbo Griffin ga, they should pop right up.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: mpreiss321 , Old Driver , Pd6cas2
06-20-2019, (Subject: Gone out of Business ) 
(06-18-2019 )mpreiss321 Wrote:  Hello Everyone,
The last 6 mo. of low rates and tariff wars has forced me to shut down. Any advice on where and how I can sell my equipment would be appreciated. ( I own everything outright.)

2011 Int'l prostar, CM871 engine ( never rebuilt yet) *NEEDS TURBO* 906878 miles.( used knight equipment acquired at 481,000 mi's) owned it for 4 yrs, kept up with the maintenance. Sleeper, lots of extra parts ( belts,hoses, pulleys,new antidrainback valve (never installed)etc...

2006 wabash dry van ( used knight equip) blown over by the wind but has been repaired. 50% of the roof replaced, and 1 plate on the passenger side- replaced. alignment perfect, tires good, spring suspension ( not airride )

2010 wabash dry van. This one purchased from xtra lease 1 month ago for 19076.00 so I need to sell it for that much. Approx. 97,000 mi's on the hubdometer.*YES AIRRIDE* new shocks and brakes. air foil solid, trailer very solid, Tires great!

Any help appreciated. location- hesperia, Ca. phone {pm for number}

your post seems to have some red flags. Here is what I see,...

First of all, you say that you have a prostar with ISX in it. -- THERE IS NO TRUCK OUT THERE THAT IS MORE PROFITABLE! --- IT DOES NOT EXIST!!!. You also have been on this forum for along time. By now, that thing should be making you some serious profits if you have been keeping after it properly.

After 4 years of ownership, even if you had got it in bad shape,.. then there has to have been some serious bad business and/or financial decisions or a lot of wasted money somewhere that has gotten you to this point of not being able to afford to replace a turbo, nonetheless something more important.

Ask yourself "What could Rawze have done with this same truck in that time-span"?. - You had best bet I could have made that thing profitable right out of the gate, and have solved every one of its problems in the first year of me owning it.

What is the difference? -- EDUCATION AND WILLINGNESS TO KNUCKLE DOWN AND SOLVE THE PROBLEMS BEFORE THAY EAT YOU ALIVE! AND STAYING ON TOP OF THINGS.

In 4 years, I would have turned enough profit with it to buy a second truck + pay off my house! -- AND I HAUL LOW-RENT FREIGHT, $92c/mile kinda-low-end-freight!. - That is how profitable a Prostar and cummins 871 combo really is!.

-- Squeeze every last dime out of that thing. WHY? -- because NOTHING NEWER is going to be any more profitable!.

I WOULD SAY FIRST, stop making whatever pattern of bad decisions that you have been making so far! -- If your that broke,. and that bad off,.. you have by now, realistically possibly lost this game. -- I say this because your not also looking at a bigger picture here. Maybe you got a bad turbo , maybe its old and in need fo replacemnt or has been torn up by some other system not function ing properly, but the bigger picture is that your enigne at 900,000+ miles IS AT THE END OF ITS SEVICE LIFE!

-- WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO GET THE MONEY TO INFRAME IT WITHIN THIS NEXT YEAR? -- WITHIN THE NEXT 6 MONTHS? -- after 4 years of owning such a profitable truck, .. YOU SHOULD HAVE ENOUGH IN THE BANK TO INFRAME IT + SOME EXTRA!. - WHERE DID ALL YOUR MONEY GO!??? --
AND DON'T TELL ME IT ALL WENT INTO THE TRUCK, unless you were really really stupid and let every shop you took it to rip you off instead of taking matters into your own hands like is mentioned over and over on here. -- VERY BAD BUISNESS DECISIONS to go run off places to have your truck fixed.

THE STRATEGY THESE DAYS IS NOW...

-- LEARN TO FIX IT YOURSELF AND BECOME SELF-RELIANT OR GO OUT OF BUISNESS! <<- THAT is the name of this O/O game out here now-a-days and it is here to stay!.

- My advice is that you seriously start learning how to make an actual profit with that thing real fast, investing in yourself, some tools and equipment to work on it with, and improving the quality of your equipment + habits for driving it for actual profit you can keep long term instead of following whatever path that has lead you to this place of nowhere and financially broke. Chasing the tail of repeating problems IS NOT PROFITABLE!. - Jump on top of that thing and wrangle it into submission and reverse all the years of whatever bad decisions and/or neglect that landed you into the state your in. Then slowly you will reverse your situation. - Otherwise get rid of it and be a company driver, because if you could not figure out how to make a seriously profitable truck (prostar with ISX 871) work for you after 4 years of owning it,.. nothing newer is going to land you in any better spot in a couple years from now. You are destined to repeat history and all the failures that landed you where you are at now.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: mpreiss321 , HES , Techmech , Slavic S , Creek

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.