Gone out of Business
06-18-2019, (Subject: Gone out of Business ) 
RE: Gone out of Business
Move to Arizona, my buddy Jim did because CA really stank, his words, not mine. He said he had to get out or he was going to go broke. Now, he is doing quite well, just spoke to him yesterday. Has his own authority and dry van, has a young lady dispatching him, equipment is paid for. He has no complaints about a lack of freight, rates may be a bit off, but not that bad. He is still making a nice profit. I know he just paid cash for a nice 35 foot diesel pusher motor home and has money in the bank. He runs I-10 back and forth from Phoenix to CA, quite a bit of Amazon going both ways and other big box retailers.

Where to sell? Truck Paper or post on CraigsList. No clue on that trailer, seems a bit high at $19,000+. Someone here may be interested in the tractor, but if it hasn't been in framed, expect to take a hit on it, because it is in frame time, especially with a bad turbo.

So what happened? Rates out here seem fine, my buddy in Phoenix has been doing pretty good with his dry van. Me, I'm just getting soaked by a carrier, but like I said, the rates I am seeing look pretty darn good, and I'm in Big 3 country which is supposed to be suffering from tariffs which I do not buy. I haven't seen their effect here. What I have seen is everyone and his brother getting into trucking and driving "some" rates down due to stupidity. This happens every time the economy is doing good, never fails, you can set your watch by it. Let's get a truck and get rich, LOL! I figure it should get better by the end of the year as more guys close their doors. I see many of them out here with those $4500 truck payments, they never last long, especially with the cutthroat nature of this business.

Many are blaming rates, the company I am with is just incompetent with very good rates. Night crew and day crew do not communicate and the gal running nights pisses most all of the drivers off. So much so I came home this past Thursday night, and said, "Self, I have had enough of these idiots, time to fire up the old DOT number". Friday morning, I had OOIDA on the phone and started the insurance process. Did my own filings as it is quicker for me to do it then pay someone else. Saved over $200 doing it myself. Most all of the filings are free, and easily accomplished on the internet.

I should be ready to roll by the end of this week. Authority to operate in less than a week, yes she pissed me off! Insurance will be filed tomorrow morning with the FMSCA. I may have IFTA permit by Friday if the gal I spoke with comes through. Need to call Mark my sign guy for the door signage and numbers. Almost ready to roll!

Sorry to hear of your plight, good luck to you.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gone out of Business - Waterloo - 06-18-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.