Gone out of Business
06-19-2019, (Subject: Gone out of Business ) 
RE: Gone out of Business
SO WHAT HAPPENED? LOT'S! Thanks for taking the time to respond. You often do and I appreciate that.

It started back in december 2018 when I blew out my back and was couch ridden for 2 months. Then I discovered those massage chairs at the TA, sat down in one, it glitched and moved a roller up my back. I was like "holy crap". So I treated it like a cheap whore, fed it a dollar, and went for a ride. Whatever pinched nerve I had, got pushed back into place and I've been fine ever since.

But by then the slow season kicked in, rates dropped and hadn't recover till last week.

You see, I have always ran under my own authority. I like the freedom that comes with it. But I pull a Dry Van trailer which isn't always the highest paying freight. Then I lost the 2nd turbo in 14 mos. The 1st turbo was april 2018 ( turbo and actuator $6100.00 from international, San Antonio)
I was Okay with it because I figured I was buying a part that should have lasted half a million miles. Plus a one year warranty. But 14 mos later, it failed ( just the turbo,which is stuck at one speed. Actuator is still good) any how. Int'l in arlington Texas wanted $6400.00 for a new one. That knocked the wind out of me. Couple that with the fact that my cm871 was manufactured in 2009, has 906878 mi's and is subjected to Ca's carb emission rule that forces me to get rid of it by 2023. So a rebuild on the engine is not feasible. Can't move to arizona like you suggested because I have 2 kids in CA. So the only other option I'm toying with is dropping a new engine in. But it would have to be an upgrade. Cummins doesnt manufacture cm 871 anymore. upgrade to something newer now you have to change the wiring harness, add def, etc.etc. So what to do? I'll figure something out.:angel:
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gone out of Business - mpreiss321 - 06-19-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.