Dash switches illumination
06-20-2019, (Subject: Dash switches illumination ) 
Dash switches illumination
On my 2015 prostar, my center of dash switches (mirror heat, sleep temp, pdl, etc) switches along with radio backlight and a/c back light do not work.

This also seems to include the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel.

I have disconnected the batteries (all the positive cables completely) and the dash switches seem will illuminate. They go back off and stay off as soon as the daytime running lights initiate.

I have also noticed that the back light on my thermoking hmi (controller on sleeper wall) lighting is intermittent. Where would one start to look to determine the cause of this? Thanks in advance.
replyreply
RE: Dash switches illumination
Id say a fuze is blown with all of them out.
replyreply
(06-20-2019 )smorgan87 Wrote:  Id say a fuze is blown with all of them out.

Are there fuses under the hood?
replyreply
I ohm's every breaker. They check out good.
I replaced breakers with fuses. Ohmd out good. The key switch fuse read higher than the others and regardless whether key was in or not. I'm thinking it's module related. Every once in awhile they blink on then off.
replyreply
it sounds just like the well-known prostar all-mighty tarnished fuses problems strikes again...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid12861

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(06-20-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  it sounds just like the well-known prostar all-mighty tarnished fuses problems strikes again...

Yes those fuses were tarnished. Should I go about cleaning the terminals and what would be recommended method? Isopropyl alcohol?

I'll disconnect the battery and check to see if it cures it. As of right now, it's still faulty. Thank you
replyreply
No fuzes under the hood. Passenger side dash and sleeper fuzes are in the drivers side cargo box. Clean them up with a pience of sand paper and then a light coat of white lithium grease or dielectric
replyreply
(06-20-2019 )Satch Wrote:  
(06-20-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  it sounds just like the well-known prostar all-mighty tarnished fuses problems strikes again...

Yes those fuses were tarnished. Should I go about cleaning the terminals and what would be recommended method? Isopropyl alcohol?

I'll disconnect the battery and check to see if it cures it. As of right now, it's still faulty. Thank you

you can try to clean them, or do what I do,.. I just replace them every so often, they are cheap.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I carry a gallon ziplock bag full of fuses, they always need to be replaced. They rarely blow, and I mean rarely... But they sure like to fail. I buy bulk, much cheaper.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.