Test Drive of Used Truck went bad....
06-23-2019, (Subject: Test Drive of Used Truck went bad.... ) 
Test Drive of Used Truck went bad....
If you took a used truck on a test drive and it derated a 1/4 mile after leaving the dealership, on top of the fact that Cylinders 3,4,5, and 6 were all misfiring AND the NOX sensor had an irregular reading...would you still purchase the vehicle and put the money into it to fix yourself or just walk away?? 2012 Volvo w/ Cummins ISX. Thanks. [/size]
replyreply
RE: Test Drive of Used Truck went bad....
Need more info, like how many miles? Previous owner? Fleet truck? Odds are you are looking at an in frame. Figure $28,000 min, and take it to Mr Hagg.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Jamil B
Depending on the overall condition of the truck you could use that to your advantage and see if they bite on it and really knock down the price on it, you're easily looking at 35k of work to be done worst case scenario. Otherwise 99% of the time walkaway
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Jamil B , in2trux
It really depends on how strong you are financially. If you are going into a lease program (which is really a fancy way of staying it’s a ‘buy here pay here ‘ lot), then I’d run like hell. If you are cash strong and it’s a motivated seller, then, depending on the rest of the condition of the truck, you have plenty of bargaining power.

Although the engine is a large part of the whole equation, there are many other factors to making an informed decision ...although I’d have to assume that an engine in that condition would reflect on the rest of the condition of the truck...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Jamil B
(06-23-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  Need more info, like how many miles? Previous owner? Fleet truck? Odds are you are looking at an in frame. Figure $28,000 min, and take it to Mr Hagg.

It was a fleet truck however they didn't tell me which fleet it came from or they just didn't know but told me it was a fleet truck. The truck has 584K miles on it. I also forgot to mention that the truck had blowby coming out the oil fill tube.
replyreply
584k on a common rail from a fleet is inframe time. if it were me the only way i would buy it is if the everything was in tip top shape except for the engine i would offer 18-22,000 but they also would have to give me every part for an inframe with the truck. as i wouldnt want them to inframe it but i would happily take the truck and inframe parts to one of our wonderful shops and have it deneutuered and fixed correctly. if they say no then just walk away laughing.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , in2trux
(06-23-2019 )SquareOne Wrote:  It really depends on how strong you are financially. If you are going into a lease program (which is really a fancy way of staying it’s a ‘buy here pay here ‘ lot), then I’d run like hell. If you are cash strong and it’s a motivated seller, then, depending on the rest of the condition of the truck, you have plenty of bargaining power.

Although the engine is a large part of the whole equation, there are many other factors to making an informed decision ...although I’d have to assume that an engine in that condition would reflect on the rest of the condition of the truck...

Right. And that's what I was thinking. I also forgot to mention that the engine had blowby coming out the oil fill tube. And the Imap and Delta P sensors were never changed. I'm thinking just walk away.
replyreply
1st i wouldnt buy a volvo but. If the price is right and u have cash to completely rebuild the motor yeah it could be worth it. But keep in mind a inframe with head is about $20k and injectors are over 800 each. Can probably demandate it down there at haggai for prty cheap while ur at it so there goes the nox sensor. Assuming its a 2250 figure in a hp fuel pump rebuild at over $500.... so if u have 30 grand or more to put into it after ur down payment and figure that your first months truck payment and insurance payment will come around prior to hauling a load. Guy i work for buys and rebuilds trucks for his fleet. He can find a wrecked petercar 379 for prty cheap and then buy a parts truck or buy new panels and parts to fix it. But he has a 4 truck shop and guys that can completely rebuild a truck from the ground up.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Jamil B , fishermen13
In a Volvo...... pass

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: smorgan87 , Jamil B

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.