Cm870 engine brake
06-26-2019, (Subject: Cm870 engine brake ) 
RE: Cm870 engine brake
Exh sensor was done around October along with the open air baro sensor.. I diagnosed those with insite. Imap I can't get a straight answer and EGR dif has new tubes but sensor he cleans out he says. He's a stubborn ass from the if it ain't broke don't fix it era. I've told him several times things that should be periodically replaced. But he's drove truck for almost 50 years so what do I know.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
Like I said though, with the exhaust pressure sensor, just because it brand spanking new doesn't mean the piping isn't blocked. Pull the small stainless pipe and verify its clear then the sensor and clean the housing entrance and sensor hole. At very least pull the sensor and shine a light in to the hole. If its got a visible crust around it than there is a good chance there is a lot more in there.

Total cost = time involved and a couple of pipe cleaners and solvent.

These engines with the EGR still attached are absolute soot monsters and only get worse with age.
replyreply
how I check the circuit is that I pull the sensor out of the hole, spray brake cleaner down into it, then have someone crank the truck.. see if it comes blasting back out of the hole.

I have found a lot of them clogged up this way, and it is not always in the cross-pipe, but in the thermostat body itself sometimes.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Zapah , Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.