dyno results
06-26-2019, (Subject: dyno results ) 
RE: dyno results
A dyno report simply says that the engine is running without immediate problems. A test drive while riding the brakes hard a few times would have done pretty much the same thing.

- Did you inspect the overhead cam?. That would be revealing on how well the engine was maintained, as well you can see how badly the engine is sooted up.

Post some pics of the overhead cam and other things that u find it if you can.

--Next is to do/inspect the fuel pump as well, as its getting close to the mileage that they explode and take out the whole engine without any warning.

3" of blo-by sounds a bit on the high side to me too. Maybe make a video of what the blo-by looks like with the oil fill cap off and the engine idling and when stomping the pedal a bit.

Aslo pull the exhaust away from the back of the doser pipe, inspect the doser injector and crank the truck up with a piece of white paper in front of the exhaust stream, see if it gets spattered with coolant or oil,.. see of the engine is smoking because of worn out valve guide seals, etc. (very common on 225 and 2350 engines).

Your also going to want to take the DOC and DPF off it and take pictures of their faces, see how much buildup is on them, and check faces of them for signs of any seepage of coolant or oil from the engine.

----

i am thinking that i would be a used truck dealers worst nightmare...lol

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Scuderia , redbeard , Hammerhead , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
dyno results - Scuderia - 06-26-2019,
RE: dyno results - Scuderia - 06-26-2019,
RE: dyno results - Rawze - 06-26-2019
RE: dyno results - Hammerhead - 06-27-2019,
RE: dyno results - rolling18 - 11-21-2020,
RE: dyno results - Rawze - 11-22-2020,
RE: dyno results - Scuderia - 06-26-2019,
RE: dyno results - redbeard - 06-26-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.