Cm2250 Air compressor or head gasket ?
07-05-2019, (Subject: Cm2250 Air compressor or head gasket ? ) 
RE: Cm2250 Air compressor or head gasket ?
(07-05-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  No clue. The internet will usually answer the code question, or register on QuickServe, the codes are there, along with repairs and diagnostics... Running straight water in the ISX, not a good idea.
The only reason it had straight water in it was because it was puking out about 10;11 gallons a day for 2 days till I got it home it only ran that way for maybe 1500 miles I've got antifreeze in it now... I'm gonna look all these up on quickserve thanks again
replyreply
(07-05-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  No clue. The internet will usually answer the code question, or register on QuickServe, the codes are there, along with repairs and diagnostics... Running straight water in the ISX, not a good idea. Have you done an EGR tuneup?
No on the tuneup
replyreply
Sounds like it is packed with carbon, have you removed the cans to inspect, or popped the valve cover to look at the cam lobes? SCR system, has that been inspected for leaks or cracks? Has the SCR filter been changed out?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SIDE_SHOW
(07-05-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  Sounds like it is packed with carbon, have you removed the cans to inspect, or popped the valve cover to look at the cam lobes? SCR system, has that been inspected for leaks or cracks? Has the SCR filter been changed out?
I haven't down anything I've only had the truck a few months...
replyreply
(07-05-2019 )SIDE_SHOW Wrote:  
(07-05-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  Sounds like it is packed with carbon, have you removed the cans to inspect, or popped the valve cover to look at the cam lobes? SCR system, has that been inspected for leaks or cracks? Has the SCR filter been changed out?
I haven't down anything I've only had the truck a few months...

You really need to dig into the motor and emission system. if you don't, you may do some damage, in frames start at $28,000. Sounds to me that it is packed up with carbon. But, I don't own a 2250... Break th wrenches out, I would start up top with the cam and run an overhead. Then an EGR tuneup, drop the cans to inspect.
replyreply
07-06-2019, (Subject: Cm2250 Air compressor or head gasket ? ) 
Well I managed to get the truck back to the yard so I could get under the load with another one of my trucks... I only put a half of a gallon of coolant in it to fill it to the top and I left it about a half gallon from the top when I filled it up last and the light never came in for water the rest if the time... I think I may have gotten the water deal straight maybe and now I've got the dpf problems... I'm gonna find a shop around here tomorrow to throw it on the computer and clear all the codes and force it into a Regen because I still don't have insite see if that helps... Then I'll drop the cans and do an eye tuneup? What do talk think I'm I on the right track here?
replyreply
07-06-2019, (Subject: Cm2250 Air compressor or head gasket ? ) 
You don’t puke out that much water for no reason. I would still be thinking a inframe might be on the horizon. When they first start pushing water it will only do it under hard power. If your burning coolant it will start giving you dpf problems. Pressure test won’t tell you anything on a just starting to go headgasket. I would pull pan and and pressure it up. Let it sit over night. Then look for water running down a liner. If you haven’t checked the outlet side of egr cooler then maybe start there. The reality is trucks don’t get sold that are running fine. Probably had signs of a head gasket going and it got sold.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.