Enable fast idle using insite
06-29-2019, (Subject: Enable fast idle using insite ) 
Enable fast idle using insite
Just wondering if that's possible. I see some of the stuff in parameters. I tried enabling fast idle switch thinking that would allow the cruise control switch to operate fast idle, but that gave me a J1939 error so I disabled it again.

Edit: I don't normally idle my truck, but I'm home for about 24 hours every other day and I lose all air on that time. It's cool at night when I leave and this truck idles right at 600 regardless of weather or any other circumstances. I would like to bump that idle up while it's airing up and warming up. Unless that would be bad for it.
replyreply
RE: Enable fast idle using insite
I think most ppl would advise to bump up idle. I don’t have onsite in front of me but it should be able to set the limits under parameters. I did it on mine. (2250) without issue. I’m sure someone will chime in on your error message.
replyreply
Turn on the pto in insite. U can set the high idle rpm. And how many rpm it goes up each time u press accel. UNLESS you have one these damn prostars with the idle free apu. Its turned off in diamond logic and u cant idle it up without releasing the brakes. Incredibly stupid.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , Signature620
600rpm for an isx is too low. make it a minimum of 800rpm.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , DSTdriver
06-30-2019, (Subject: Enable fast idle using insite ) 
Will do.
replyreply
07-01-2019, (Subject: Enable fast idle using insite ) 
(06-29-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  600rpm for an isx is too low. make it a minimum of 800rpm.

Hey Rawze, I had mine set at 700 to bump up the oil pressure during idle, so 800 is your best bet? Thanks
replyreply
Enabling PTO worked. Thanks for that, would've never thought of it.
replyreply
700 is descent for normal idling to keep oil psi up during operation. 800+ for long term idle. Better oil and coolant circulation and it helps to spin fan faster for a\c and cooling.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , multitask , zyNoT
07-14-2019, (Subject: Enable fast idle using insite ) 
(07-01-2019 )multitask Wrote:  
(06-29-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  600rpm for an isx is too low. make it a minimum of 800rpm.

Hey Rawze, I had mine set at 700 to bump up the oil pressure during idle, so 800 is your best bet? Thanks

I find 700 is good. Keep up for oil pressure and to reduce vibration. Each truck is a little different.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.