RE: Prostar ac
06-29-2019, (Subject: RE: Prostar ac ) 
RE: Prostar ac
How difficult is it to gain access to HVAC Glenn doors
replyreply
06-30-2019, (Subject: RE: Prostar ac ) 
RE: RE: Prostar ac
In bunk easy...in cab not so much.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
Took truck to dealership to have them run it on their dlb software...told me I needed new compressor...so I replaced compressor, both thermistors, reciever/dryer and high side cutout switch...still no good.... took it back then they tell me it needs new body control module. It kinda worked after that repair...but they suspected that blend door actuators weren't working properly as the vent discharge wasn't quite cold enough....BUT THEY NEVER OFFERED OR ASKED IF I WANTED THEM TO LOOK INTO THAT...
TOOK IT BACK 5 TIMES AND THEY SEEM TO NOT WANT TO GET INVOLVED WITH THAT REPAIR? I WILL BE CALLING THEIR CORPORATE OFFICE ON MONDAY AM! Rawze is right! These a/c systems control systems on these trucks are garbage! If I have to tear into this hvac box going to build the shrine setup and be done with it for good!
replyreply
(06-30-2019 )Daytripper Wrote:  Took truck to dealership to have them run it on their dlb software...told me I needed new compressor...so I replaced compressor, both thermistors, reciever/dryer and high side cutout switch...still no good.... took it back then they tell me it needs new body control module. It kinda worked after that repair...but they suspected that blend door actuators weren't working properly as the vent discharge wasn't quite cold enough....BUT THEY NEVER OFFERED OR ASKED IF I WANTED THEM TO LOOK INTO THAT...
TOOK IT BACK 5 TIMES AND THEY SEEM TO NOT WANT TO GET INVOLVED WITH THAT REPAIR? I WILL BE CALLING THEIR CORPORATE OFFICE ON MONDAY AM! Rawze is right! These a/c systems control systems on these trucks are garbage! If I have to tear into this hvac box going to build the shrine setup and be done with it for good!

The absolute worst place you can take your truck for A/C work is THE DAMN stealershit!... THEY WILL THROW ALL THE EXPENSIVE PARTS AT IT AT YOUR EXPENSE AND TELL YOU THAT YOU NEED THOUSANDS$$$ IN CONTROL MODULES AND NEW EXPENSIVE COMPONENTS UNTIL YOUR WALLET IS DRY -- ALL WHILE NEVER DOING ANYTHING BUT HOOKING UP THEIR COMPUTERS SO IT CAN RIP YOU OFF!!!

-- YOU / THEY WASTED A COUNTLESS AMOUNT OF MONEY AND A LOT OF UNNECESSARY DOWN-TIME FOR YOUR BUSINESS WHILE THE MORONS GUESS BLINDLY, RELYING ON COMPUTER DIAG. SOFTWARE THAT ARE DUMBER THAN A POST TO TELL THEM WHAT IS WRONG!!!

-- IN FACT --- THAT IS THE LAST AND WORST PLACE YOU CAN TAKE YOUR TRUCK ---- FOR ANYTHING!@!! -- ANY REASON --- THEY ARE THE BIGGEST CROOKS IN OUR INDUSTRY!!!

--and YES, the prostar A/C is the most finniky of any truck... IT IS SOFTWARE PROBLEMS!!! PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!! -- AND REPLACING THE CAB CONTROLLER DOES NOT MAKE THE SOFTWAERE ANY BETTER, BECUASE THEY PUT BACK THAT SAME FLAKY SOFTWARE IN IT!.

Here is what I resorted to on mine,. now mine works flawlessly for a couple years now ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid15312

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Rawze is correct... And you sir won today's Pink Dildo Award... No offense, I have a closet full.

Well, there are three door actuators on the front of the ProStar, two are located on the left side of the AC box under the dash, inboard. The other is located under the windshield wiper cowl under the hood attached to the right side of the box. The windshield wiper cowl has to come off. But, it is easy to check, turn the AC on and look in the intake where the cab filter goes. If the door is closing, shutting off fresh air, it is working. Test on the vent side too, to see if it opens.

I believe a 2000 Jeep Cherokee uses the same actuator as found inside the cab. The one under the hood is a different part number. The one under the hood rarely fails, at least that is my experience. And there is a procedure to set these actuators up properly to get them to work. I don't have it, but it is on the internet or the dealer should be able to print you one off. Or, they can set it up for you if something goes wrong, for a fee of course.

Another thing I did, was to dig out the ambient air temperature sending unit, it is in the harness that runs under your radiator. Dig it out and get it into some fresh air away from the motors heat. http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1711

Third thing I did was to install an electric ball valve on the heater core intake line. Doing this had a huge impact on the cooling ability of my ProStar AC. One of the best things I did next to digging out that temp sensor, which also had a huge impact. http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=4537

No dye in the refrigerant, dye kills my system. Just straight refrigerant and some PAG oil like Rawze will show you in his link.

Good luck, follow all of the above advice, or you will continue to win Pink Dildos. I have over a half a dozen related to my AC issues along with tens of thousands of dollars. Don't be a victim, learn how to fix these things yourself.

If you need parts, use these guys, they sell the same OEM parts the dealer sells for 50% or more off what the dealer is asking. They are in Atlanta and ship the same day, great guys. http://www.truckersac.com
replyreply
I put a gate valve in the inlet of the heater core...they now are telling me that the valve is causing my evaporator to freeze up...

I hooked up my gauges and the low side looks ok but I'm puzzled why the high side pressure climbs like it does till the compressor kicks back on and the fan hub locks up....all the while the air from the vents is barely cool...certainly not cold...

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
stop the flow of water to the heater-core and see jhow cold it gets... blend door issues are the most common reason it only barely gets cold.

those gauges show it a bit over-charged if u ask me,.. but i am not an A/
C guy,.

also make sure your radiator and condenser and CAC are all clean, not dirty. If running water into the condenser gets it nice and cold inside the cab, that could be a real big clue that the condenser is not cooling properly.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Trying to attach video of system working..ngrrrr
replyreply
Low side drops to 20-25 while compressor cycles. The high side is at 140-150 till compressor cycles off then climbs to 340 at which time the compressor kicks back on and fan engages...
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.