Dog House Removal
07-03-2019, (Subject: Dog House Removal ) 
Dog House Removal
Is the dog house removable on the Prostar/Lonestar they have the same cab.

Im trying to inspect the EGR pipe behind the engine for leaks and with my forward mounted fuel tanks and skirting with all the other junk in the way i cant get my eyeballs behind the engine.

so if i can ied like to take the dog house out if its not an overwhelming job and if its possible.

if it is possible do i need anything special? besides maybe some sealant to seal everything back up when i put it back in.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
07-04-2019, (Subject: Dog House Removal ) 
RE: Dog House Removal
its far easier to pull the shifter plate and access it that way. I cut my floor matting years ago so that I could just fold it out of the way without pulling the seats out.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
07-04-2019, (Subject: Dog House Removal ) 
I tore my dog house out, like Rawze said, go through the flooring. For $32 this may come in handy... https://amzn.to/30dTrgR
replyreply
07-09-2019, (Subject: Dog House Removal ) 
Took the shifter plate out EGR tube look great. But when I was bringing the engine up and down in RPM there was a not necessarily squealing but chirping sound. I had my dad come out and run the throttle for me and found it was coming from the turbo a very fast chirping and only as it was going up and coming down not if you held it in RPM. Does the turbo actuator make chirping noises as moving? As far as the turbine wheel when I stick my hand in there and try and push it around it would move a little bit up but not back and forth

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
(07-09-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  Took the shifter plate out EGR tube look great. But when I was bringing the engine up and down in RPM there was a not necessarily squealing but chirping sound. I had my dad come out and run the throttle for me and found it was coming from the turbo a very fast chirping and only as it was going up and coming down not if you held it in RPM. Does the turbo actuator make chirping noises as moving? As far as the turbine wheel when I stick my hand in there and try and push it around it would move a little bit up but not back and forth

could be, but the mounting gasket leaky would do this too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I'd say its the VG ring squeaking as the actuator moves it back and forth in the turbo. Pretty common on worn turbo's.
replyreply
Hope not it's only 150k miles old and seems to work fine only disagreement it and I had was doing a boost leak check with it commanded 85% closed I grabbed the discharge pipe to CAC and it bit me with heat.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.