RE: Prostar ac
06-30-2019, (Subject: RE: Prostar ac ) 
RE: RE: Prostar ac
(06-30-2019 )DosGatos Wrote:  On my 2011 prostar 871, the air temp probe under the radiator goes to the ecm for part of the idle control. nothing to do with the ac.

it is my understanding that the cab controller also reads it from the engine via J1939 and uses it to compare to the thermistors on passenger side of truck, then pass/fail the thermistors. <-- lovely wonderful garbage programming meant to keep you guessing what is wrong.

in all actuality, the mechanical parts of the system is no less robust than anything else out there... condenser is decent, compressor is decent, air dryer/ accumulator is decent, expansion valve is decent,.. piping and hoses are ok,,.. it is only the electronics (mostly programming logic and over-bearing, unnecessary sensors) that keep the system with constant problems. - Likely some jerk-off in a 3rd world country making $2.35/day programmed it, never had to sit in one in the middle of the desert before.

The only mechanical problems really they have are the blend doors not sealing as they get old (warmer than normal A/C, barely gets cold) and the blend door motors not being able to actuate them properly / breaking or hanging up when this happens. it is understandable that the blower motors will wear out eventually, they are typical cheap-o dc motors that could not be expected to last past about 400k miles in a stretch. -- Besides that, neglect of the air filters or not keeping the system clean are its enemy too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DosGatos

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prostar ac - Daytripper - 06-29-2019,
RE: RE: Prostar ac - Rawze - 06-30-2019,
RE: RE: Prostar ac - Waterloo - 06-30-2019,
RE: RE: Prostar ac - DosGatos - 06-30-2019,
RE: RE: Prostar ac - Rawze - 06-30-2019
RE: RE: Prostar ac - DosGatos - 06-30-2019,
RE: RE: Prostar ac - Rawze - 07-01-2019,
RE: RE: Prostar ac - Rawze - 07-01-2019,
RE: RE: Prostar ac - Waterloo - 07-02-2019,
RE: RE: Prostar ac - Waterloo - 07-02-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.