Check engine and low coolant light intermittent
07-01-2019, (Subject: Check engine and low coolant light intermittent ) 
Thumbs Down Check engine and low coolant light intermittent
For the past two weeks my check engine light and low coolant light has been flashing intermittently. I am losing a bit of coolant, about half a gallon ever 600 miles. I had the truck plugged in and the codes checked to no avail. The dpf filter and doser along with the Egr tune up and a new egr valve has all been done in the last year. We replaced the fixed one small leaking hose and replaced the Egr cooler three days ago. Currently the truck is back to doing the same thing. There is not a large amount of coolant in the oil or anything. When the truck was apart the turbo did seem to be tight. Is it possible the coolant is being lost going through the turbo?
replyreply
RE: Check engine and low coolant light intermittent
did no one put a pressure test kit on the coolant system and let it sit over night with 20-psi on it>?

That is the proper way to check for that kind of stuff...

WHY did someone change the EGr cooler? -- was it wet on its insides with coolant? : https://youtu.be/tNmQnAJzmVo

what kind of truck? engine? miles? etc?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
wouldn't it have to be leaking an awful lot to run out into a pan like it did in your video? Seems like If your parked on level ground it wouldn't run out unless there's a LOT leaking.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
07-02-2019, (Subject: Check engine and low coolant light intermittent ) 
Unfortunately I did not do the pressure tests. Today I took a load and the truck is bogging down quickly and lights still flashing. More so now than before. I don’t have a boost gauge to know if the turbo is actually working correctly. However it is making a strange noise now. Sounds like someone threw sand in it. At this point I’m sure that’s the problem. I plan to run empty back home and get it put into the shop.
The sensor for the boost pressure that I had replaced less than 30,000 miles ago I can no longer get lose.
replyreply
I would not drive it, find a shop and get it diagnosed. That turbo cuts lose on you... If that is the issue, you will be paying through the rear, especially if you have to get a hook. If the turbo is bad, call YTS Turbo, 787-675-1768, they will ship you out a better than reman turbo for less than half of what Cummins will whack you for. Don't be a victim, that motor is not healthy in the least.
replyreply
First thing that should have been down was pressure testing.... after the EGR cooler was replaced are you still losing coolant? Because is it possible you didnt burp get ithot enough and add more coolant after replacing the cooler? And if you replqced the cooler 3 days ago you should chexk your DOC and DPF because if your cooler qas leaking coolant internally then your DOC and DPF can be fu$ked causing back pressure that can be hurtinf your turbo.
replyreply
(07-02-2019 )SAexp Wrote:  Unfortunately I did not do the pressure tests. Today I took a load and the truck is bogging down quickly and lights still flashing. More so now than before. I don’t have a boost gauge to know if the turbo is actually working correctly. However it is making a strange noise now. Sounds like someone threw sand in it. At this point I’m sure that’s the problem. I plan to run empty back home and get it put into the shop.
The sensor for the boost pressure that I had replaced less than 30,000 miles ago I can no longer get lose.

what you describe and the path you on with it is no way to run a trucking business.

* you did not troubleshoot your problems properly.

* Even since your first post, it implies that you more than likely took it to a bunch of morons who are guessing at your problems and wasting both your time and money.

* you aren't taking matters into your own hands to solve it yourself to at least some medium extent,..but instead are running off to (what sounds to be absolutely clueless ) shops.

* Your trying to haul freight with the engine and truck in an unknown condition,. possibly compounding any damage that may occur, risking the entire engine, and your trucking career or business.

* AND: NO BOOST GAUGE = and not driving by it ==> CLUELESS ON WHERE ALL YOUR MONEY IN FUEL GOES!!! <<-- that is no way to manage YOUR NUMBER ONE EXPENSE!!!-- FUEL!!!. < That should have been done the day you got the truck!.

-- Your posts so far seem to heavily imply you always having nothing but problems and failure in your trucking business,.. just like the other 85% of truck owners who come and go, struggle all the time and eventually fail at what they do, or have little to nothing to show for it.

You need to seriously wake up and smell the reality that truck ownership involves educating yourself on your equipment, becoming more self-reliant, investing in tools and equipment to keep your truck and its engine healthy, etc... YOURSELF so that you can make wise business decisions -- Otherwise, you will never have much of anything but problems all the damn time.

-- I would not have cranked the damn thing up knowing it was loosing coolant in an unknown place,.. nonetheless TRIED TO HAUL ANY FREIGHT WITH IT like that!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.