CARB strikes once again in CA!!!
07-29-2019, (Subject: CARB strikes once again in CA!!! ) 
RE: CARB strikes once again in CA!!!
(07-28-2019 )flatbed94kid Wrote:  I got a question about CA. The sticker on my truck has peeled that say's clean idle. So it says "void" partially. I superglued it back. How do I get another sticker on it?

A few years ago I had to get some body work done after some moron bounced off a car into me and the area affected was where the sticker was. The work was completed at a Volvo body shop and if I remember right the sticker has an ID number on it and it is registered to your trucks serial number and only a certified dealer can get it done legally.

User's Signature: Too young to quit........Too old to change.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
07-30-2019, (Subject: CARB strikes once again in CA!!! ) 
My sticker was pretty much missing when I purchased my 2013.

My “friends at Cummins “ says no problem, we just need to verify a few things and get you going.

$400 dollars later I have a nice new shiny sticker that is registered to the truck.

Sticker , validation and registration, and then there hour minimum to install. My first and only reaming from my “ friends at Cummins “
replyreply
07-30-2019, (Subject: CARB strikes once again in CA!!! ) 
Does the sticker only work for California or OS it for all states? My sticker is still intact but partially peeled away where it says void partially.

Thx.

User's Signature: Also known as Shotgun
replyreply
07-31-2019, (Subject: CARB strikes once again in CA!!! ) 
To get into the ports in Tacoma and Seattle you have to register and get an RFID sticker. I don't know the exact process but your truck has to meet CARB standards. 2007+ engine or other aftermarket solutions that are equivalent. I don't know all the ins and outs of it. I stay away from the port

Once you get the RFID sticker that gets scanned as you drive in I doubt they really care if the CARB sticker is still intact

Other than that I don't think that sticker really matters up here. My '89 379 doesn't have one
replyreply
08-01-2019, (Subject: CARB strikes once again in CA!!! ) 
I was looking at trucks and maybe it is me but the 389 Pete's didn't have the sticker on them.

Yea, I am interested in getting an RFID sticker as well. Anyone have it and know how to get it?

But i did see another truck with a faded out sticker as well. But that doesn't mean it's ok. I just wonder if this is only for California, as it has a picture of California on the sticker.

Well guys, I was going thru a California port of entry, i did see a sign that did say smog test. Didnt look like much was their though.
Idk are they actually doing this stuff and if so would demaned trucks fail it?
And even non demaned trucks, could they fail it too? Is this a rumor or is it actually going on bc I haven't heard of it actually being a crackdown on it?

replyreply
I think I would just stay out of California all together, sounds like a headache.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dhirocz , Waterloo
Way I am seeing it now, yes, it is like a state you don't wanna be in, but if your finding good loads to make up for it, good deal.
The ifta tax credit is .70 a gallon. I got fuel for 3.35 a gallon, so I'm paying 2.65 with the credit.
But I would like to know, I don't really like coming out here unless you can make money.

Are their some California natives here?

replyreply
in my humble opinion....get the last remaining very few good people out of cali. detonate a nuke in the san andreas and let it fall away. there are great parts in the north but as long as its under the communist rule i dont want it.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Waterloo
08-02-2019, (Subject: CARB strikes once again in CA!!! ) 
(08-01-2019 )flatbed94kid Wrote:  Way I am seeing it now, yes, it is like a state you don't wanna be in, but if your finding good loads to make up for it, good deal.
The ifta tax credit is .70 a gallon. I got fuel for 3.35 a gallon, so I'm paying 2.65 with the credit.
But I would like to know, I don't really like coming out here unless you can make money.

Are their some California natives here?

Yes 3rd generation native hear I run local dump truck a 16 tire Murray Lowbed been doing this 30 years, It looks like all the ARB rules are driving the Low Ballers out of business we will know for sure in another year. Also a Court ruling called the Dynamax decision looks like it is going to out law the practice of lease purchase and calling a guy an owner operator if he does not have his own authority and he may have to be incorporated this is all driven by the unions but I think the end result will be higher rates and better pay to my employees.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DosGatos

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.