CARB strikes once again in CA!!!
08-28-2019, (Subject: CARB strikes once again in CA!!! ) 
RE: CARB strikes once again in CA!!!
What I don't understand is why fleets with 2 or more trucks? Why not everyone even owners with 1 truck? Will they later on require everyone to do it? What if you register you're truck in a different state? Will they do it like cars if you don't pass smog you don't get you're plates?
replyreply
08-28-2019, (Subject: CARB strikes once again in CA!!! ) 
No one knows yet if you get California on your cab card or not if your apportioned. If they won’t give a federally registered federally emissions older truck a California cab card that is where the battle should begin. Total infringement of the commerce clause. It will be interesting to see if Cali is bluffing or not. And if not what the courts will do with it.
replyreply
08-29-2019, (Subject: CARB strikes once again in CA!!! ) 
California native? Yes.

Then I reached the age of logic. Never again.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
08-29-2019, (Subject: CARB strikes once again in CA!!! ) 
Trust me I want to get the hell out of California!!!
replyreply
09-03-2019, (Subject: CARB strikes once again in CA!!! ) 
I got the same letter. Threw it out.

Prepping my house for sale. I’m out. Moving within the month. Will be closer to rawze. Maybe I can finally buy the man a burger and a beer
replyreply
09-04-2019, (Subject: CARB strikes once again in CA!!! ) 
(07-28-2019 )flatbed94kid Wrote:  I got a question about CA. The sticker on my truck has peeled that say's clean idle. So it says "void" partially. I superglued it back. How do I get another sticker on it?

You will need to visit the dealer. They are the only ones that can put them on. Hubby's truck just had a new one put on. Also if you run in Cali make sure the family engine number is still on. The cummins are metal, so they are not a problem, the detroit will fade,and if caught you get a fine besides a visit with the dealer. On one of my older trucks somebody stole the tag, I was fined $400 besides paying the dealer for a new tag.
replyreply
09-16-2019, (Subject: CARB strikes once again in CA!!! ) 
Can you re program a truck back to stock? How much would a new pdf, doc and scr run me?
replyreply
09-16-2019, (Subject: CARB strikes once again in CA!!! ) 
(09-16-2019 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  Can you re program a truck back to stock? How much would a new pdf, doc and scr run me?

Yes you can...

SCR is around $8000, DPF/DOC say around $5000 to $7000, plus you will need sensors and I am sure a few other items depending on who did what to your truck when those items were put out of service. I would say $15,000 to $25,000 depending upon who does the work and if you use genuine OEM parts, which you should, as they will last much longer than the Chinese knock offs.

Or, go to a junk yard and take your chances, but odds are the prices will be close to new and pray you get units that are not cracked or damaged. I would leave it alone, nothing in California other than grief.
replyreply
09-17-2019, (Subject: CARB strikes once again in CA!!! ) 
I live in crapfornia and carb is teaming up with DMV to make CA "cleaner air" and now trucks might have to pass smoke test to get registration just like the cars....I'm just tired of carbs crap man!! My truck with @m*m^2 is running better then ever. Getting 8mpg oil staying clean until next oil change at 12k haven't had any issues ever since tuned.... I love my cummins
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , fargonaz

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.