09 prostar cm871 blue smoke from intake tube
02-19-2020, (Subject: 09 prostar cm871 blue smoke from intake tube ) 
RE: 09 prostar cm871 blue smoke from intake tube
I feel bad I forgot to update everyone on this truck. It stayed on the back burner for a bit.

Found out the truck went 40k miles without an oil change. I'll start there. Did the egr tuneup it was caked I mean caked with soot. Manifold down to a straw of a hole. Cleaned everything out. Found a hairline crack in one of the doc bunks. Welded it up. Egr was tight I was convinced it was sticking but didnt know how to prove it. I replaced it instead of trying to clean it out. Put it together sounded much much better. Found a leak in the gasket between the turbo and the manifold.
Dropped the oil did an oil change. Black as night. I have detroits and this was way way darker and thickening. Took it to a shop here and had a forced emissions cleaning done. I forget the actual name but I can look it up if anyone needs. They also run an oil treatment and drop the oil again. This eliminates about a half pound of soot without baking the filter but more than that checks for leaks. Everything was snug. Truck is running better than when I bought it at 280k miles. I have only done a few small trips truck sits for the most part today. I put only 800 miles on it. No blue smoke no smoke on the trailer. Truck did around 6.8mpg texas about 67mph and no codes. I am on my original turbo so this may be coming soon but no slobber.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: 09 prostar cm871 blue smoke from intake tube - Sjplcjd1 - 02-19-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.