Hypothetical question about a fan clutch
07-07-2019, (Subject: Hypothetical question about a fan clutch ) 
Star Hypothetical question about a fan clutch
Well sad to say my fan clutch went out on the road today, she lasted 733333 miles, not bad I guess. However no shop has time to get me in within the next couple days, I am curious if I tied it up real good with some good ole boy scout knots and ingenuity, is it possible to make it home? It's only 2000 miles and on the flats its staying below 180, I know itll kill my mileage but I'm thinking it beats sitting in the truck and loosing my week. Thanks for those that reply.
replyreply
RE: Hypothetical question about a fan clutch
If the bearings are good and the fan is
Not wobbling around you might be able to bolt it together. Most designs
Will have 2 holes in the front plate that are there so you can bolt the front and back plates together . If you can find a part# on it you might find some info on the web
replyreply
Some one has said hear that you can take wear plates off of fan clutch and flip them over. The plates that hold the clutch material. I’m probably not explaining it right but a search hear should one up with something.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
if its a horton drivemaster you can get some beefy screws and thread them in between the friction disk and front plate. It will lock it together and you can drive home with it always on.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Andre_The_Giant
Magard is right. If its a keyser, you can flip the clutch plates and it'll shove the clutch in further. You'll see the little nipples on the 3 backing plates. Just take the 6 small screws our. Flip the plates over and screw back down.
replyreply
(07-07-2019 )Unilevers Wrote:  if its a horton drivemaster you can get some beefy screws and thread them in between the friction disk and front plate. It will lock it together and you can drive home with it always on.

LOL! :D thats a nice trick to keep in the back your pocket.

I'm going to find those beefy screws and bag them and label them " Beefy Fan screws - Need to get home emergency - "

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Andre_The_Giant
07-08-2019, (Subject: Hypothetical question about a fan clutch ) 
I own a Horton and would love to have those screws on hand! If I find any info on them I’ll post it immediately
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.